Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Insurance for Timber Frame house

Options
  • 19-08-2003 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

Howdy,
    I have just bought a timber frame house, 5 years old and have been told that I need a letter from my builder to say that the house conforms to certain standards in order to get a quote for house insurance. Apparently not all insurers will quote for timber frame houses.

Has anybody experience of this?

thegills

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I haven't come across it specificly, but I suspected it might exist, especially for one off houses. What are they actually looking for?

Does the house have Homebond (your solicitor should know this)? It may be a way to get what you need out of the builder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 GillyS

thegills,

I have a timber frame house and didn't need to produce any special documentation to get it insured - I'm currently insured with BOI.

As Victor said if they insist on documentation , the homebond cert should be sufficient , your solicitor should already have this as part of the property purchase...

Gilly

Advertisement