Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop up windows when on the web

Options
  • 19-08-2003 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

I seam to be getting a lot of pop up windows when surfing the net lately. Does anyone know if i can get rid of these. They are very annoying.

Thanks

Motm

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, i used to get them alot..'s just people sending net sends to random Ips and such i think..

turn off your messenger service in (2k)

start>programs>administrative tools>services>messenger

go to properties and disable it.

or erm.. if you just mean popups in webpages like erm.. stop browsing pr0n? :)

or dl adaware and use it to remove the spyware from your machine, then dl and install a decent browser (mozilla) with a popup killer inbuilt..

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

I user opera.

File - Quick Preferences - Refuse Pop Up Windows
    File - Quick Preferences - Accept Pop Up Windows

It's nice to be able to just quickly switch between the two, because depending on the website you may need to use pop up windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

I Use Ad-aware 6.0 very easy to use with good results :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

the latest version of the google toolbar has a pop up ad blocker built in too - i wouldn't be without it just for the searching feature but with the pop ups gone and form auto filling too it just gets better and better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Adsgone popup killer gets my vote..

• Advertisement
Advertisement