Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Anger

Options
  • 19-08-2003 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Ok with the upcoming gig pending (and the fact that I am refusing to go on principle).

I would like to hear people's thoughts and opinions on Metallica's latest "offering"

My own feelings are - this is without doubt one of the worst albums released by Metallica

The ablum has been called raw, pure and other buzz words by journos and some fans. But personally, Metallica should have just quit instead of releasing this tripe.

Several of their songs have been played in my local watering hole, and the reaction to the songs themselves have been, shall we say, less enthusiastic. In fact one guy I know go up and left the bar until the song was over - apparantly he hates it that much. And yet when old Metallica songs are played (pre-88), everyone is rocking and/or rolling to it

Is it just me or do most Metallica fans still yearn for the old school type music or is it that they really can see Metallica going down the toilet?

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

its total nu-metal... had a look at the tab book for it there... all one string and power chord. thers even one or two seven string songs if im not mistaken. its just a **** album... except it.

to qoute Phil Anselmo..."When [Metallica] did that crazy change and became this lackadaisical rock'n'roll band, to me that should have been a side-project. They should not have called it Metallica!"

damn right too... and this nu-metal shte should be a side-project, that or Bob Rock should just **** off and die......

Advertisement