Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

formmail.pl

Options
  • 19-08-2003 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

just need a small bitty of help with config of this file...

form is working fine but when i recieve a mail from the form it is from: <nobody@host10.yournethost.net>
    i know this is a pretty basic thing to ask but where the bluecheese do i config the variables for this?

cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

not sure if this is any use but i just configured mine by putting various hidden fields in my form as follows:

<input type="hidden" name="recipient" value="email address to send form comments to">
    <input type="hidden" name="required" value="compulsory fields separated by commas">
    <input type="hidden" name="subject" value="subject of email">
    <input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="page to redirect to on submission">

there might be one of them for the from address too?
    but from what I remember if you call your e-mail field email and your name field realname, it should automatically show up in the e-mail that it came from whatever address and it will even display the name instead of just the e-mail address i.e. the from field in your inbox will show Joe Bloggs instead of joe@bloggs.com ....

Advertisement