Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A Team examined

• 19-08-2003 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

****************The A-Team Examined*********
    In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. They promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no-one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

The monologue we all know and love as the opening of the fantastic 80's TV thing, The A-Team. (Anyone under the age of about 13 or 14 will probably not remember this and are undoubtedly quite short.) But what does it actually mean, actually? Actually? Well because we're wonderful (and get increasingly bored) here is a little breakdown of what we like to call 'The monologue from the beginning of The A-Team.'

In 1972, a crack commando unit

I'm sorry, but in 1972, did they actually have crack commando units? Unlikely. What we believe they meant to say was a crap commando unit. So:

In 1972, a crap commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit.

Now how many military courts can you think of that make stupid mistakes like that? Apart from them. And them. What we believe they meant to say was that they were sent to prison for a crime they didn't admit to committing. So:

In 1972, a crap commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't admit to committing. They promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade

Yeah, right! Promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade, my a**e. We believe that this alleged 'maximum security stockade' was in fact just a mud hut with a door. That they closed, obviously. Otherwise it would be even stupider. So:

In 1972, a crap commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't admit to committing. They promptly escaped from a mud hut with a closed door to the Los Angeles underground.

In America, the Underground is called the subway. Obviously they meant to say this. So:

In 1972, a crap commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't admit to committing. They promptly escaped from a mud hut with a closed door to the Los Angeles subway. Today, still wanted by the government,

Today?! This is almost thirty years on for crying out loud! And if our memories serve us correctly, the only person who made a conscious effort to catch them was that really queer army bloke, who we think had a 'tache. We may be wrong, but we don't care. So:

In 1972, a crap commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't admit to committing. They promptly escaped from a mud hut with a closed door to the Los Angeles subway. Today, still wanted by that queer bloke with the 'tache, they survive as soldiers of fortune.

We don't know what this even means, so we'll get rid of it and put in 'they survive a bit.' So:

In 1972, a crap commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't admit to committing. They promptly escaped from a mud hut with a closed door to the Los Angeles subway. Today, still wanted by that queer bloke with the 'tache, they survive a bit. If you have a problem,

Sadly they don't specify what sort of problem. For all anyone knows, it could be an embarrassing medical condition. For the sake of this, we'll assume they mean impotence, because it's funny. Well it's funny for us because we don't suffer from it. So:

In 1972, a crap commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't admit to committing. They promptly escaped from a mud hut with a closed door to the Los Angeles subway. Today, still wanted by that queer bloke with the 'tache, they survive a bit. If you're impotent, if no-one else can help,

Or more realistically, if no-one wants to go near you. So:

In 1972, a crap commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't admit to committing. They promptly escaped from a mud hut with a closed door to the Los Angeles subway. Today, still wanted by that queer bloke with the 'tache, they survive a bit. If you're impotent, if no-one wants to go near you, and if you can find them,

Why exactly would you not be able to find them? Unless they hide from people they don't know. Which is fairly likely. So:

In 1972, a crap commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't admit to committing. They promptly escaped from a mud hut with a closed door to the Los Angeles subway. Today, still wanted by that queer bloke with the 'tache, they survive a bit. If you're impotent, if no-one wants to go near you, and if they're not hiding, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

Unless they're out, in which case you'll get stuck with the B-Team. So:

In 1972, a crap commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't admit to committing. They promptly escaped from a mud hut with a closed door to the Los Angeles subway. Today, still wanted by that queer bloke with the 'tache, they survive a bit. If you're impotent, if no-one wants to go near you, and if they're not hiding, maybe you can hire the A-Team. Unless they're out, in which case you'll get stuck with the B-Team.

So there you have it, the alternative version to the A-Team monologue doofer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i like it cos it made me laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

very good i like it :):) :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

It took a while to read ... but enjoyable all the same!!

Actually, shame on you .... how could you disparage the name of the A-Team .... I pity the fool who slags off the A-Team :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭weemcd

i love it when a thread comes together!!!!;) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

I like it... thumbs up for the A-Team analysis, nice to have a bit of a giggle every now and again :ninja:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

why who dare you, i'm outraged, why i outta... its like macguyver, and his pen knive it MIGHT SEEM far fetched but ffs its MACGUYVER lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

The A-Team. (Anyone under the age of about 13 or 14 will probably not remember this
    #

Holy ****! Imagine Life without the A-Team. Half of the t.v. programmes discussions with m8s would have finished 3 hours earlier.

And shame on you for attempting to slag the A-team! A-Team Rules.

p.s. in 1972 theyre were crack commando units, i read it in a vietname book. and when u say courts make mistakes, 1 in 10 prisoners on death row in America, were prosectued using circumstantial evidence. Rippin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

Donne lissin to him boards, he nuttin' budda CRAY-ZEE fooh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

hehehe, me likey :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

they survive as soldiers of fortune.

We don't know what this even means, so we'll get rid of it and put in 'they survive a bit.

This means that they survived by hiring themselves out as mercenaries.
    Play SoF Double Helix, then you'll understand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

rofl nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

worth the read :)

Advertisement