Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The meaning of Liff

Options
  • 19-08-2003 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

Small book written by Douglas Adams that represent names for thing that are happening or we don't have words for.
    excellent funny read.

here are some extracts:

Clun:
    A leg which has gone to sleep and has to be hauled around after you.
    Duntish:
    Mentally incapacitated by a severe hangover
    Epping:
    The futile movement of forefingers and eyebrows used when failing to attract the attention of waiters and barman.
    Farrancassidy:
    A long and ultimately unsuccessful attempt to undo someone's bra.
    Gipping:
    The fish like opening and closing of the jaws seen amongst people who have recently been to the dentist and are puzzled as to wether their teeth have been put back the right way up.
    Hagnaby:
    Someone who looked a lot more attractive in the disco then they do in your bed the next morning.
    Harbottle:
    A particular kind of fly which lives inside double glazing.

etc etc etc :)
    funny stuff , recomended

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

And all the words are place names, are they not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

no not always :)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

Where did you pick that up I've been looking for it for a while but all the bookshops down my way are crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

i've ordered it from Amazon.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

It's in Hughes and Hughes in the stephens green (i work there...plug plug ;))

• Advertisement
Advertisement