Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One for thought

• 19-08-2003 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Heres a topic that has come to my attention recently and I want to see what the rest of you think.

Is it possible to maintain a "casual" relationship with male/female outside the boundaries of a fúck buddy scenario, or does one partner or the other generally become more "attached" to the other at some point?

Personally, I think that at some point in the relationship things start to get serious/heavy the more you spend time with eachother, and the casuality of the relationship goes out the window. Suppose its a case of wanting your cake and eating it.

K-

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Depends I'd say. If you've never actually shagged them, it's possible I suppose.
    But, if you have, in my experience there's no going back. Either one of you will be playing mind games, or hanging on in vain hope of a rematch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I think it depends completely on the people in question. I'm sure there are some poeple who wouldn't give a **** about anything more/deeper. Then there are others who will eventually want more. I couldn't do it at all, but then like I said, each to his/her own...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

One can maintain a social friendship with a fuck-buddy, but to do so is very tricky. One solution is to take a break for a few weeks if things begin to get too suffocating, as it were. Keep two fuck-buddies and alternate between them.

Of course, if emotionally speaking you’re both sociopaths, then there should be no problem anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is possible and it makes it easier to have clearly spelled out the terms before hand. And if the terms of the agreement are broken then they dont get to play anymore.

It is possilbe to have FB that are dear friends that you care about and they care about you but you have to be able to see and know the difference.

often you end up help setting them up with people who end up as thier long term partners who will never share them , who never need to know and who make them happy ( for a while anyway).

Advertisement