Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

its ok to boo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I don't know why so many people are giving stick to the Celtic fans here and sticking up for the Rangers fans ... My Dad and brother went to watch Shels Vs Rangers in UK couple of years back .... Shels fans were spat at , verbally , physically abused , there bus was mobbed and stoned and they had bottles of urine thrown over them .....

Rangers fans and Celtic fans are as bad as each other .. remember that please p.p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by super_furry
    Well let's us your logic then. If a group of Liverpool supporters are sitting outside a bar and Ruud van Nistelrooy walks by then he will be booed. If a group of Liverpool supporters are sitting in Lansdowne Road and a Man United player walked on the pitch, then he should be booed.

So in essence, you think it's okay for Irish supporters to boo Manchester United players. Well thanks for clearing that up.
    Of course it would be OK for a group of Liverpool fans to boo van Nistlerooy at Lansdowne Road and that would probably happen if half the Irish fans were Liverpool supporters but there not. It would be embarrassing to be in a crowd of Pool fans booing van Nistlerooy because there would not be a lot of people joining in and you would probably be looked at like an alien.

But as for Celtic fans, half of the Irish fans are Celtic fans therefore if a small group start booing a Rangers player they won't be left out and they would have a good laugh.

So yes, I feel it would be OK for van Nistlerooy to be booed but you probably won't hear any boo's from your TV screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by LizardKing
    I don't know why so many people are giving stick to the Celtic fans here and sticking up for the Rangers fans ... My Dad and brother went to watch Shels Vs Rangers in UK couple of years back .... Shels fans were spat at , verbally , physically abused , there bus was mobbed and stoned and they had bottles of urine thrown over them .....

Rangers fans and Celtic fans are as bad as each other .. remember that please p.p
    I really don't give a damn about Rangers fans - it's the reputation of Irish fans that I'm more concerned with.

It really has nothing to do with Rangers fans as most Irish people who support Rangers are unlikely to want to turn up at Ireland matches anymore.

If they were spat at, abused etc. then that was wrong but it's also wrong to perpetuate the feelings that gave rise to that reaction. What happened to your Da and Brother had nothing to do with football rivalry - blatent sectarianism and I don't really see why some portions of Irish fans need to drag that issue to our national team.

Originally posted by eireboy
    Of course it would be OK for a group of Liverpool fans to boo van Nistlerooy at Lansdowne Road and that would probably happen if half the Irish fans were Liverpool supporters but there not. It would be embarrassing to be in a crowd of Pool fans booing van Nistlerooy because there would not be a lot of people joining in and you would probably be looked at like an alien.

But as for Celtic fans, half of the Irish fans are Celtic fans therefore if a small group start booing a Rangers player they won't be left out and they would have a good laugh.

So yes, I feel it would be OK for van Nistlerooy to be booed but you probably won't hear any boo's from your TV screen.
    Ye see, thats all grand - having a laugh and all that. Yes if some idiot decides to boo RVN purely because of who he plays for it will not be noticed on tv.

By the same token, after the gobsheens boo the rangers player (which is noticed and talked about), what is not picked up by the tv is everyone turning to each other and going "gosh isn't this a right laugh".

Without seeing this the only conclusion that the rest of the world watching on tv are going to jump to will be the negative one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭irish life

hunbadgemelt.gif

Originally posted by irish life
    hunbadgemelt.gif
    Point well made - the rivalry does exist. The guy who runs this site is obviously a celtic fan going to college in.... Glasgow of all places. Would you reckon he gets to parkhead to partake in his rivalry? sure bet he ain't turning up at irish matches.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hmmmm ok2boo.com registered to:

E.F. Fanning (ok2boo@eircom.net)
    +353.00 353 87 xxxx
    FAX: +.
    xx Main Street
    Rahtfarnham
    Dublin, Dublin
    IE

I've anonymised this only because I dont think people should be victimised for their beliefs.

Nor their creed, colour, race, or football team....

Oh and speaking directly to the people behind ok2boo ... if you dont like me doing this:

a. look up "poetic justice" in the dictionary.
    b. tell the guys "who crash websites", cos I guaruntee you I'm a lot ****in' scarier then they are and I dont take well to such threats personally or to people in the industry. I think we both understand.

Hugz and Kisses!

DeVore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

we know celtic is in glasgow and therefore its in scotland. celtic is a scottish club. and they were set up by irish people! thats why they've links with ireland other than the 4 leaf clover.

irishlife is right, its all a bit of craic and its not as if were booing national anthems or throwing missiles onto the pitch. irish fans are not violent or hot-headed. everyone knows we are among the best and most well behaved in the world. the celtic fans are the same.

the fans could be doing alot worse than booing, the fai have very little work to do controlling the crowd. a few flares perhaps is all the stewards have to worry about. the booing is simply rivalry.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by smemon
    we know celtic is in glasgow and therefore its in scotland. celtic is a scottish club. and they were set up by irish people! thats why they've links with ireland other than the 4 leaf clover.

irishlife is right, its all a bit of craic and its not as if were booing national anthems or throwing missiles onto the pitch. irish fans are not violent or hot-headed. everyone knows we are among the best and most well behaved in the world. the celtic fans are the same.

the fans could be doing alot worse than booing, the fai have very little work to do controlling the crowd. a few flares perhaps is all the stewards have to worry about. the booing is simply rivalry.

Very well said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Originally posted by p.pete
    Remind me again, why exactly as Irish fans do we want to send Rangers fans a message? And what is this message? something along the lines of "stay the fluck out our country, please"?

Nothing so uncouth as that. As a northern fenian, who isn't strictly speaking a Celtic 'fan' but would certainly feel some semblance of identity with them, it's actually quite possible for me to get on with Rangers fans and not for a moment wish to deprive them of their allegiance. Provided they have a live and let live attitude themselves.

An English comedian (I think it was Jeremy Hardy) once did a skit about an English pacifist who went up to Glasgow on Old Firm day and grabbed a celtic and rangers fan in each hand outside the ground and berated them for their silly negative tribal loyalties. 'Why can't you get on together? Don't you realise we're all the same underneath? Why do you let such foolishness come between you? Can't you shake hands and be brothers and put away these trappings of division?' (he said, sliding the scarves off each of them and throwing them to the ground)

The hun and taig glanced at each other and then both proceeded to kick the ****e out of him.

(Hardy does it much funnier than that, and it's right on the money)

The message is 'Vive la difference'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

i dont agree with the booeing but at least were not like the turkey fans trying to injure/kill the oppositon's players.If we did we would be kicked out of euro 2004 still cant understand why turkey havent been. But its got to stop. the links i can think of between celtic and ireland are just they were created by a donegal man and there maninly catholic like ireland.I support celtic and all but i dont support booeing rangers players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

IMO the Boo Boys are missing the point. When at an ireland International they are there to support Ireland. Club Rivalries have never had any place at International matches, not with civilised supporters anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The us that you are referring to are Celtic supporters booing a rival player.
    If a bunch of Scottish-celtic fans were sitting outside a bar and a Averladze walked by, what would happen? He would be booed.

Am I alone in thinking this is getting rather surreal? In a Pythonesque sort of way, I can envisage groups of Celtic fans following Rangers players around Glasgow, booing them as they lead their ordinary lives...

Would you expect them to do the same in a restaraunt for instance? Or in a bar? Stand outside the guys house and boo him day and night? Stand outside his kid's school and boo as he collects his his offspring?

Jesus, grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I wonder what would happen if a member of the Irish Squad joined Rangers..... :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Originally posted by The Muppet
    IMO the Boo Boys are missing the point. When at an ireland International they are there to support Ireland. Club Rivalries have never had any place at International matches, not with civilised supporters anyway.

Exactly thats the point im trying to get accross, What has Celtic FC to do with the Republic of Ireland soccer team?

NOTHING, so lets leave it that way and concenrate on SUPPORTING IRELAND!

its easy to say celtic and ireland are completely different and each should be supported at their own grounds.

but celtic-irish fans are the most passionate in the world and always back their team by 100%. if u ban or stop the fans wearing celtic jersys in landsdowne and vice versa, u are destroying the historical links that ireland and celtic have.

ALL fans at an ireland game are their to watch ireland. its the atmosphere and sing songs that the fans want to bring to landsdowne. anyone who's been at celtic park will back me up on this, its the among the best footballing atmosphere in the world.

why is everyone against taking that kind of atmosphere into landsdowne. just because of a few harmless boohs??

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Am I alone in thinking this is getting rather surreal? In a Pythonesque sort of way, I can envisage groups of Celtic fans following Rangers players around Glasgow, booing them as they lead their ordinary lives...

Would you expect them to do the same in a restaraunt for instance? Or in a bar? Stand outside the guys house and boo him day and night? Stand outside his kid's school and boo as he collects his his offspring?

Jesus, grow up.
    Jesus, now your going off the plot! I can guarantee you that if Celtic supporters were sitting in a beer garden and a Rangers player walked by he would be jeered. Stop bringing in things totally different to what I said. I never said anything to do with following players around so you bloody grow up!!!

Jesus, now your going off the plot! I can guarantee you that if Celtic supporters were sitting in a beer garden and a Rangers player walked by he would be jeered. Stop bringing in things totally different to what I said. I never said anything to do with following players around so you bloody grow up!!!

Granted I went a little off topic, but for f*cks sake, are you telling me there are retards out there who would give a player grief outside the arena in which he performs, i.e. the bloody football pitch??? Its childish and small-minded, no matter who does it. And I'm sure the booers feel all big and hard when they do it...:rolleyes:

its easy to say celtic and ireland are completely different and each should be supported at their own grounds.

but celtic-irish fans are the most passionate in the world and always back their team by 100%. if u ban or stop the fans wearing celtic jersys in landsdowne and vice versa, u are destroying the historical links that ireland and celtic have.

ALL fans at an ireland game are their to watch ireland. its the atmosphere and sing songs that the fans want to bring to landsdowne. anyone who's been at celtic park will back me up on this, its the among the best footballing atmosphere in the world.

why is everyone against taking that kind of atmosphere into landsdowne. just because of a few harmless boohs??

I for one am not opposed to bringing an atmosphere to Ireland matches, in fact its been sadly lacking for the last few years. But why does booing have to be the atmosphere introduced? Why not try to start an Ireland chant, maybe cheer the Irish players? Simple enough I'd have thought. Much more pro-Irish than booing a Rangers (former or current) player.

• Advertisement

I can guarantee you that if Celtic supporters were sitting in a beer garden and a Rangers player walked by he would be jeered.

Ironic, but I'd say the majority of the ok2boo crwod would have difficulty recognising many of the Rangers squad...Lovenkrands anyone?;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Cheer for your own team dont boo the opposition.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I think in a way Booing can help support your team.... Nobody likes to get booed and it may be off putting for opposition Team or an individual to be booed in a game ... this may affect their game or the individuals game ....

Also I think a lot of the booing is in no way sectarian or biggotted , its just young kids joining in not knowing why / who they are booing (its not just Celtic fans) ...

Also if there was a bit more chanting and singing for the Irish team then that would stop the Booing ...

smermon

Its easy to say it because its true. Every clubs supporters thinks they are the best.

As a united suppoterr would you be happy to see UTD players Booed by rival club supporters at Lansdown? If all supporters Carried their club loyalties to Internationsl matches lansdown could be a very dangerous place to go.

Do The people here who support Booing think the treatment of Neil Lennon while Playing for NI is Justified or just frienly rivalry.

Of course its ok to boo if you are booing a player for the right reason (bad tackle or diving etc) All right minded people see the bigoted sectarian booing for exatly what it is and no matter how many times the boo boys say it is not sectarian or bigoted it does not change the facts. Every soccer supporter knows the reasons behind the rivalry between Celtic and Rangers and are not happy to see their National team fixtures being bhijacked to
    continue their Sectarian Agenda. If they want to Boo Rangers players they should do it when the players are representing Rangers and not sully the reputation of the complete Irish Nation.

I think in a way Booing can help support your team.... Nobody likes to get booed and it may be off putting for opposition Team or an individual to be booed in a game ... this may affect their game or the individuals game ....
    Thats fantastic - but what is the criteria for selecting who gets booed? Fair enough if it's the guy who just injured Keane - or their best player (although not very sporting to boo someone just for being good).

Why boo the guy coming off the bench, not good enough to be in the first team, who ye don't recognise and is mistakenly introduced as the guy that the program says is from Rangers?

Also I think a lot of the booing is in no way sectarian or biggotted , its just young kids joining in not knowing why / who they are booing (its not just Celtic fans) ...
    Sheep do you mean?

Could Celtic fans perhaps go to matches in Scotland and cheer for Celtic where they actually play football? Obviously half the Irish fans are also Celtic fans but could they please not highlight the fact that they are deprived by the fact that they live in Ireland and don't actually get to go to Celtic matches.

Also if there was a bit more chanting and singing for the Irish team then that would stop the Booing ...
    That is true, the athmosphere is not as good as maybe it should be - booing makes it worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

Originally posted by p.pete
    Obviously half the Irish fans are also Celtic fans but could they please not highlight the fact that they are deprived by the fact that they live in Ireland and don't actually get to go to Celtic matches.

I think that's it in a nutshell!!!

They can't be arsed to go to Parkhead and so they go to Landsdowne to support Celtic.......oops......sorry, Ireland!!! :rolleyes:

B.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Originally posted by Ronan|Raven
    I wonder what would happen if a member of the Irish Squad joined Rangers..... :rolleyes: ;)

He'd get booed (and worse) off the park at Ibrox for a start.

Originally posted by therecklessone
    I for one am not opposed to bringing an atmosphere to Ireland matches, in fact its been sadly lacking for the last few years. But why does booing have to be the atmosphere introduced? Why not try to start an Ireland chant, maybe cheer the Irish players? Simple enough I'd have thought. Much more pro-Irish than booing a Rangers (former or current) player.
    I have been saying all through this thread that I think people should be allowed to boo and stuck to that point but I still would prefer no booing and a better atmosphere. I know this is getting of the point but what I was thinking is why don't Ireland get a band like they did in England.

I have been watching the last few English matches and they don't have a lot of atmosphere either but when it gets queit the band starts playing and livens the place up. The internet is such a big place and these boards have tens of thousands of members, why don't we all e-mail the FAI or something and try to get a band. It should also stop the booing as the place won't be queit enough to even hear the boo's.

What do you think?

I have been saying all through this thread that I think people should be allowed to boo and stuck to that point but I still would prefer no booing and a better atmosphere. I know this is getting of the point but what I was thinking is why don't Ireland get a band like they did in England.

I have been watching the last few English matches and they don't have a lot of atmosphere either but when it gets queit the band starts playing and livens the place up. The internet is such a big place and these boards have tens of thousands of members, why don't we all e-mail the FAI or something and try to get a band. It should also stop the booing as the place won't be queit enough to even hear the boo's.

What do you think?
    Decent suggestion, we used to be famous for bringing bodhrans and things like that also.

He'd get booed (and worse) off the park at Ibrox for a start.

That is just an opinion that has no basis in fact. I am not into scottish football or religion but I Think i heard recently that Rangers now have more Catholics in their squad than Celtic .

Generally speaking If the player betters a club when he joins the Supporters will support him that is unless they are Sectarian Bigots that is.

smermon

Its easy to say it because its true. Every clubs supporters thinks they are the best.

As a united suppoterr would you be happy to see UTD players Booed by rival club supporters at Lansdown? If all supporters Carried their club loyalties to Internationsl matches lansdown could be a very dangerous place to go.

Do The people here who support Booing think the treatment of Neil Lennon while Playing for NI is Justified or just frienly rivalry.

Of course its ok to boo if you are booing a player for the right reason (bad tackle or diving etc) All right minded people see the bigoted sectarian booing for exatly what it is and no matter how many times the boo boys say it is not sectarian or bigoted it does not change the facts. Every soccer supporter knows the reasons behind the rivalry between Celtic and Rangers and are not happy to see their National team fixtures being bhijacked to
    continue their Sectarian Agenda. If they want to Boo Rangers players they should do it when the players are representing Rangers and not sully the reputation of the complete Irish Nation.

in lennon's case it was his own fans booing him, now thats sectarian just because he plays for celtic and most of the n.ire fans were rangers fans. a completely different situation. if lennon played against england, then i could understand it.

which brings up another issue. sutton and thompson, if they were playing for an english club they'd be in the england side. just because they play with celtic their ignored by mr.erikson and his staff. not too many people pass any remarks on that.

• Advertisement

That is just an opinion that has no basis in fact. I am not into scottish football or religion but I Think i heard recently that Rangers now have more Catholics in their squad than Celtic .

Generally speaking If the player betters a club when he joins the Supporters will support him that is unless they are Sectarian Bigots that is.

Maybe for Italian or Spanish players they'd be welcoming, but I still think an Irish Catholic would be anathema to them. The Shels fans who travelled to Liverpool a couple of years ago for the UEFA Cup tie against Rangers can attest to that.

which brings up another issue. sutton and thompson, if they were playing for an english club they'd be in the england side. just because they play with celtic their ignored by mr.erikson and his staff. not too many people pass any remarks on that.

Are you for real??? Whatever about Sutton, you haven't a hope in hell of getting Thompson into the England 22, never mind the starting 11. Butt, Scholes, Beckham, Dyer, Lampard, Gerrard, Cole...which one would you drop? And thats before Bowyer returns to the fold (and he will).

now thats sectarian just because he plays for celtic and most of the n.ire fans were rangers fans.

Neil Lennon is not the only catholic playing for NI and none of the others are booed. He was booed because he is a celtic player which is exactly what is happening rangers players at Lansdown.

Boo Supporters say they wouln't boo a Rangers player if he was playing for Ireland. I dont believe them as their current actions make them just as bigoted and sectarian as the Booers at Windsor Park.

all i can say is that i do it out of rivalry and i know most people are the same.

england have NO natural left sided midfield player. thompson may not get into the starting 11 but he at least should be on the bench.

and only an idiot would pick heskey over sutton. 4 goals in 35 appearances for england. thats a goal every 9 matches almost. and he's supposed to be a STRIKER!

and only an idiot would pick heskey over sutton. 4 goals in 35 appearances for england. thats a goal every 9 matches almost. and he's supposed to be a STRIKER!

Don't forget, its over Vassel, Smith (and Rooney at times) as well...but then I only questioned the Thompson thing, didn't I?;)

On topic, what exactly is your point regarding these two players? Is it that they play for Celtic, and so won't be considered? Or is it that they play in Scotland? I'm not too sure from your original post, it mentions "English club" and Celtic...

all i can say is that i do it out of rivalry and i know most people are the same.

Fair enough but considering the impression it is liable to create intenationally of the our nation if its not sectarian or bigoted why the big campaign to continue with it.

Irish Fans supporing The national Team represent our nation and this behavior is not supported by the majority. If ther is any place for it it is at a Rangers match . Celtic fans have no right ti HiJack the National Team for their own agenda.

The internet is such a big place and these boards have tens of thousands of members, why don't we all e-mail the FAI or something and try to get a band. It should also stop the booing as the place won't be queit enough to even hear the boo's.

What do you think?

A great idea eireboy. I'm sure many won't like to hear this, but The Great Escape (as played by the English band) sounds brilliant at a match, and really gets the crowd going. Same for the continental Europeans with their crowd "leaders" who help organise the chanting (and in Lazio's case the racist abuse;) )

Maybe the FAI should consider getting in folk to help organise the fans singing/chanting at home internationals. Give them a few free tickets, that'll encourage them. Maybe a wee band as well, possibly the two guys I saw at Shels vs. Bray many moons ago who played Staus Quo's The Wanderer for the whole 90 minutes. Funny.:D

its about the 2 celtic players and they wont be considered for england selection because they play for celtic. the england pundits say its beacuse there no competition in scotland but i think thats rubbish, celtic got to the uefa cup final, planty or quality opposition.

back on topic: this behaviour isnt supported by the majority outside landsdowne but inside it is. anyway, russia i dont think will have any rangers players in their next squad so for the next match it should be ok.

they wont be considered for england selection because they play for celtic.

Yes, is it your point that if they played for any other Scottish team they would be considered? Maybe you can tell me (cos I don't know), did Alan Thompson ever get called up when he played in England (they've had a problem on the left side of midfield for a long time remember).

its about the 2 celtic players and they wont be considered for england selection because they play for celtic.

Maybe the couple of decent games they get a year is not enough to convince Sven they are good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

its about the 2 celtic players and they wont be considered for england selection because they play for celtic.

Or they won't be considered because they're shite. This was Chris 'two goals a season for Chelsea' Sutton - any mong with even the slightest bit of talent can score a hattrick against Dunfermline or whatever pointless match Celtic are playing that day :rolleyes:

sutton AND thompson, when both playing in england played for the national side. thompson has one cap but i think he was in a few squads.

sutton has vastly improved at celtic and proved in europe he's better than heskey. he's very clever on and off the ball and uses it well.

thompson is a left sided midfielder, the only english one. yet he still doesnt get a call up. i wouldnt expect him to start but surely having him on the bench would be a good option for sven.

thompson is a left sided midfielder, the only english one.

Valid point England are crap down the left as was very evident midweek. Maybe thompson could do a job there but Sven obviously doesnt rate him. I would say that is down to where he plies his trade and the quality of player he faces on a weekly basis rather than anything else.

It's a measure of how self centred some Celtic fans are
    a) making the pressumption that their English players should not be hindered in their international career despite the same situation existing in many other international teams. If Italians play in the English league it hinders them, regardless of exposure to European football, ditto players that leave the German, Spanish, French or Dutch leagues to go and play in a weaker league.
    b) pressuming that they are welcome at an Ireland match when they turn up to support a team that is not on the pitch.

Did u have a good weekend Pete?;)

Did u have a good weekend Pete?;)
    Fantastic thanks. On the piss Thursday, a few quiet ones Friday, Slane on Saturday and saw an excellent performance by Arsenal on Sunday. The low point was getting back to a computer to see that semon still hasn't stopped talking crap - although I should learn not to expect the kind of changes that only lobotomy can bring about:D

Fantastic thanks.

Delighted to hear that becaus i though from your post you were a bit cross. ;) Are you sure theres nothing bothering you.:)

Delighted to hear that becaus i though from your post you were a bit cross. ;) Are you sure theres nothing bothering you.:)
    The first half of what I said was backing up the argument you were making about Celtic players not getting into the England team due to playing in a lower standard league. The second was aimed towards Celtic fans going to Ireland matches to boo Rangers.

Not really sure where you are coming from in terms of my mood (although you have caused me to become a little nervous now:( )

Just teasing a bit about your beloved team . I actually aggree 100 % with your position on the topic of this thread. Now Theres A First:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

Why are you all calling it scum? The people who actually start the booing are the Eircom League fans who Brian Kerr is calling into Lansdowne Road.

Omigawd, there is so much wrong wit that statement!!!

ELers hate Sell Thick, rangers, etc, because they are foreign teams and the people who support them generally dont give a sh!t bout the EL, look at foot.ie for more.

the more you boo rangers players, former rangers players, or players who ex-girlfriend's uncle's solicitor's dog once looked like a rangers player, the more it proves you care more about soccer in some other country than in your own

as for "booing" in general, if it has a non-sectarian reason, eg bad tackles, bad performance by the home side (us-v-switzerland) then i think the crowd is entitled to express their anger, how else would it get across

Advertisement