Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[OT] Guy from HMV on Newstalk this morning

• 19-08-2003 3:32pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A PR guy from HMV UK was on Newstalk 106 this morning. They had him on about the seizure of e100,000 worth (thats probably at HMV prices, it was probably only e30,000 vworth at cdwow prices) of pirated DVDs in Ireland by the Gardai.

A load of people text into the radio show to say that they buy their stuff from cdwow and play now and that HMV could take a running jump.

The guy spluttered that there had different cost structures etc., but couldn't come up with a good reason not to buy from them, other then complain that play doesn't pay VAT!! and that they have a full range of services. (He couldn't explain what he meant by this).

It was very funny, I'd hate to own shares in HMV.

The really funny thing is that I first heard about cdwow while in HMV, I overheard a HMV staff member tell a customer that they didn't have a particular DVD in stock and that he should try cdwow, who he told him where much cheaper and had a better range of stock. ROFLOL.

Now that is customer service for you.

Sorry for the very OT post, I couldn't think where else it should go, this seemed like the best place, because there are so many cdwow/play fans here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 no1lfcfan

sickener for them I hope they go bust!!

What is the url for play now?? I usually buy from cd wow but I'll love to check out play nows website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

On a slightly related matter I got a "pass it on" complaining email about HMV this am. I'll pop it in later when I've cleaned up the formatting

mumble grumble, sceptre hates too many >>>s in forwarded messages. Damned annoying. I've them turned off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

What is the url for play now??

Easy www.play.com

Raphael

Originally posted by no1lfcfan
    What is the url for play now?? I usually buy from cd wow but I'll love to check out play nows website
    It's the wonderfully difficult to remember www.play.com:D

There's a thread on the Films board with lots of DVD-selling sites as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

The URL for Play is just http://www.play.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

You got it?
    www.play.com!!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sceptre, I imagine the email you got this morning was with regards to this.

- Dave.

Originally posted by TmB
    Sceptre, I imagine the email you got this morning was with regards to this.

- Dave.
    Thanks Dave. It was. I'll join in with the whinging over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mr christopher

anyone here know the url for play.com?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Originally posted by sceptre

mumble grumble, sceptre hates too many >>>s in forwarded messages. Damned annoying. I've them turned off. [/B]

how do I turn them off? outlook express 6

Advertisement