Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GWB and OBL...friends

Options
  • 19-08-2003 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

I'm not completely sure of this (and may sound very paranoid), but as time goes by it seems more likely.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

Well- always good to hear various views on the same subject.
    It's generally been my experience that stories are always true, all of them- to a degree. No story is ever completly false, merely embellished to benifit the story teller in some way.

Telling the truth has never been in the interests of those in power. Then again, sometimes the truth makes for a much better story. As for 9/11, well that's the JFK of our generation and I await the inevitable 5 hour Oliver Stone film, documentary, special edition DVD with 30 minutes of extra plane-slapping "back and to the left" "what happened the third plane?" footage, inevitable Oscar wins for visual effects and screenplay adaptation, whiney Celine Dion-esque soundtrack, commemorative concerts with white candles held aloft, commemorative 10th Anniversary coins, stamps, pogs and McDonalds Freedom Fries.

Hmm- editing now- I never actually addressed what it was I meant to say- but I have read material on the internet (not always the most reliable source but anyways) that does mention family ties between the bearded one and the rootin' tootin' Presidents. GB snr, of course being a former head of the CIA would have had knowledge of Al Q long before the rest of the world did. And certainly would have been cosy with the Bin, as a wealthy Saudi, their wartime ally when George I was in power.
    There are strong ties- apparently, between the Bush's and the Bin's. And I believe that to a point- but then again CJ Haughey was a friend of Bin's too- apparently. So let's hope America doesn't see a connection between Fianna Fáil and Al Queda...actually, no wait- I'd gladly suffer OPERATION BOGBLITZ if it removes Bertie Ahern from power- he used economic policies of mass destruction on his own people.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I'd gladly suffer OPERATION BOGBLITZ if it removes Bertie Ahern from power- he used economic policies of mass destruction on his own people.
    I wouldn't - they'd bomb the crap out of what infrastructure we have, invade, return huge amounts of power to the IRA and their ilk, set up a puppet government, and all without killing Ahern despite trying quite hard.
    Then there'd be a few years at the most of them trying to run things and then they'd make a deal with Bertie's brother and leave the country in his dictatorial hands...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

"Don't you mean North Korea, Mr President?"
    "Whuudeva!"

hehehe- yeah- just a little joke there.
    And there'd be all those potatoes and boxes of Lucky Charms airdropped by C-130's from 30,000 feet.

Anyways- sorry, back to the actual topic- I'm always doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Sparks
    I wouldn't - they'd bomb the crap out of what infrastructure we have, invade, return huge amounts of power to the IRA and their ilk, set up a puppet government, and all without killing Ahern despite trying quite hard.
    Then there'd be a few years at the most of them trying to run things and then they'd make a deal with Bertie's brother and leave the country in his dictatorial hands...

...promising to pay for the damage they inflicted on our nation, but then concocting some reason as to why Bertie's brother has become the new spawn of the devil, why the US is not willing to re-invade, and why all of this would remove any obligation as to why they should pay for the damage they caused in the first place.

Great plan.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

In regard to the US, wouldn't it be great if Dubya, B lair, and Donny Rumfeld all got drunk and got on a plane to Belgium so they could be all be arrested for War crimes :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement