Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kazaa Lite Problem

Options
  • 19-08-2003 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

I'm using Kazaa lite to download music sometimes when i download music it sounds grand for the first few seconds then it starts making a strange noise that replaces the music it's a loud tick tick tick. What could be the problom?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

its the record companies deliberately flooding the kazaa and other p2p networks with phucked up music files in an effort to undermine the sharing of their copyrighted material. The idea is you'll get so sick of downloading those sabotaged music files the whole time you'll eventually go buy the album\single instead.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The idea is you'll get so sick of downloading those sabotaged music files the whole time you'll eventually go buy the album\single instead.

Or just get a better downloading program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Kappar
    I'm using Kazaa lite to download music sometimes when i download music it sounds grand for the first few seconds then it starts making a strange noise that replaces the music it's a loud tick tick tick. What could be the problom?
    bastard record companies:mad:
    its only on the older, commercial tunes that this happens, so i'm not too fussed about it tbh.
    it seems to only be 192kbps files that this happens on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Nah, I've had it with 128's too. Try "Everybody's Fool" by Evanescence. I quite like the two tracks I was able to get, but I lost patience after trying to get this one a couple of times and gave up. I'm not buying a CD for two tracks. Their loss. Isn't the RIAA clever?

[EDIT: Madonna pulled a stroke a while back too, and then bizarrely went on to release the first track off American Life as an unprotected MP3, but only to Americans. I won't buy her CD's any more now. I'll just download them instead. Good job Madonna.]

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i guess this is actually good news for me...
    i'd created a .bat file to copy all *.dat files out of my shared folder & rename them to *.mp3 (handy for previewing files & resuming downloads that have started from the beginning for no reason)
    for some reason i thought this was causing the mp3's to come out all fuxored so i deleted the batch file:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Thanks guys. I thought this might have been the case but wanted to make sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

When you do a search you usually get one file that has a lot more sources than the others. This is the one that has lots of bad copies. Go for the file with the next highest number of sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Fake files have increased a lot in the past month, I think.

It's kind of easy to spot them, though. From my experience, the song and artist names seem to appear in all small letters, and most of the users who share them have a number at the end of their name, eg: billy505@KaZaA.

But I might be wrong in this. A good example of it is Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Tick. If you do a search for it, only two files appear, but they both have over 30 users. Both are fake. The first few seconds are ok, but the rest is corrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Originally posted by tman
    i guess this is actually good news for me...
    i'd created a .bat file to copy all *.dat files out of my shared folder & rename them to *.mp3 (handy for previewing files & resuming downloads that have started from the beginning for no reason)

what a good idea. does it work for divx or mpeg formats as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

When i want to check a vidoe file. i ususally get the .dat file name and then open the .dat file using divx player and it will play.

The acid test for me is the movie studio logo, if this is not the same as the studio logo i know the film was made by. Then the film is not what i am looking for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement