Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web-based mails to Outlook

• 19-08-2003 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

I have posted here rather than Internet forum as I think that it is more related to Technological know-how rather than Internet.

Hi,

Apologies for what may be a very simple task but I have googled and done all the help menus and I cannot get a solution to my problem. For two years I used the web-based eircom email by logging in to webmail.eircom.net everytime. However, I have used Outlook 2000 now for a year. How can I get my already read messages in my web-based folders to download into Outlook in order to keep all my emails since I started together?

I would appreciate help on this before I am completely bald from tearing my hair out!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You're not the first to have that problem ...

If there is an option to mark the mail as 'unread' you should be able to 'pop' and download them....

I'm fairly sure there is a solution to this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

I just added a hotmail account to incredimail yesterday - once i added it, it imported 250 emails going back 13 months.... i didnt even know they were still lying on a hotmail server somewhere...
    Incredimail is similar in most ways to outlook so i would imagine it should do the same thing. The only thing is my hotmail accounts been running for years so there must be a stage when hotmail will bin old mail???
    I would imagine you will import most of your mail but will you get the whole two years worth??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Originally posted by blacknight
    You're not the first to have that problem ...

If there is an option to mark the mail as 'unread' you should be able to 'pop' and download them....

I'm fairly sure there is a solution to this :D

Thanks indeed. That did occur to me but I can't find an option to mark as unread anywhere on Eircom. I would have thought that many people had this problem as well but google hasn't helped me at all. Probably because I am not asking the right question! Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

but I can't find an option to mark as unread anywhere on Eircom

i could very well be wrong so you shouldnt take this as certain but i dont think they necessarily have to be marked as unread. If its clear to a program like outlook that your adding the webmail address to it, i believe it will simply take all the mail that is lying in your mailbox regardless of it being read or unread status? When you signed up for the eircom box, there should have been some smallprint ...might have said if when they delete mail?

im sure someone will confirm this either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Forward all the mails to a second account.

I stopped using eircom webmail because of this. If you want to check your mails on the move, I reccommend www.mail2web.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

You could also do the following;

send them to yourself @ your eircom addy
    and then log out of webmail.
    Run outlook and download the "new" messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

How can I get my already read messages in my web-based folders to download into Outlook in order to keep all my emails since I started together?

You can't directly as POP3 only checks your inbox for new mail, not any sub-folders you may have created using the web interface.

Solution: move all your mail to your inbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Originally posted by Dr. Dre
    You could also do the following;

send them to yourself @ your eircom addy
    and then log out of webmail.
    Run outlook and download the "new" messages.

Thanks indeed everyone. I understand that it would work this way, it is very piecemeal and would involve forwarding about 100 mails which is the laborious way. I kinda thought there would be a quicker way though.

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

I have hotmail integrated into my Outlook - the only thing I have to do is drag the contents of my online folders (doesn't matter which - Deleted items, Inbox whatever) to my standard inbox and... Voila!

I don't know with eircom... I'm assuming it's not so easy...

Advertisement