Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultima Online: the second age (free irish server)

Options
  • 19-08-2003 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭

This server is already up atm. any people interested in it?? you have to get a copy of the game, and then patch it to work with the free server. after that it is plain sailing.

another thought, would we be able to get a board for this server here on boards.ie?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

I'd be keen to play. Stopped playing on the OSI servers soon after Trammel was launched. Do you intend to patch the server to pre or post Trammel?

Where do I receive your patch and how to connect to your server?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Does OSI still frown on player run shards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭melachi

Originally posted by Tzetze
    I'd be keen to play. Stopped playing on the OSI servers soon after Trammel was launched. Do you intend to patch the server to pre or post Trammel?

Where do I receive your patch and how to connect to your server?

Free shards are very different from OSI. It can be quite a different game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

i would imagine that they do. well hopefully itll get going after we come back from i17

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

can you tell me what i need to run it,

gimem links to the client your using and any add ons i need.

i have install cd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

The install CD is pretty much all you need.
    There will be a patch and readme up on the site when its available soon. :D

that doesnt actually help me get on the server now?

all i want to know is the exact client your using
    a link to dl, i remember there used to be a website with old clients
    any login programs you use ie login ace or whatever.

ip??? and an account

There wont be a client available for download. If you want the client you will have to go out and purchase it, a patch will be available on the site to enable your client to connect to the server.
    The client that will be being used will be:
    Ultima online - age of shadows.

i have second age disc and rennaisance disc somewhere

all im after is a download to update to whatever client version your using......................

age of shadows is mank btw

oh and wireplay have a freeserver
    its running 2d client, ive got an account there it has quite a few players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Maybe a ip address of your server or say even a webbie would be helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 naeblis

I'd like to play on the Irish server too. I have Age of Shadows installed at the moment.

PM me the server details or whatever. I've never played on a non-OSI shard before, so I might need some handholding :P

N.

/me pokes zekiel / Azrayal. get you ass into gear, man!

Its coming soon... :horned:

dont you use that smily on me!

i suggest that all interested parties head along to www.irishlans.com and sign up, all info will be there. anyway, i think your irishlans account will also be your Ultima Online account if i heard zeikiel correctly?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

i am a not n00b to this please explain in full detail what i need to do missing nothing from when i install the cd to playing on the server bearing in mind i hvae not bought the cd yet

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Apocalypse

Hey Guys

What happened to this Irish UO server , i was readin the thing on Irish lans but they just stopped all of a sudden , it the server up and are u guys playing on it ???

it didnt happen.

I was looking at setting up one in the near future, when I get my DSL installed.
    but it isnt looking good, because not only would I have to find a machine to host it on, I would be paying €20+ a month in electricity bills in order to leave it running.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Apocalypse

Nasty

Ah well , guess ill just go back to europa and pay a tenner a month or whatever it is , I have a few GM chars on it anyway and i dont think u can change server with em

well, ya never know, I may start it anyway for at least a month when I am ready, see how things go. maybe I could see if people could contribute towards the running costs of the server and such, maybe even get rewarded in the game for doing such.

Advertisement