Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some forthcoming gigs...

• 19-08-2003 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

THE SIGHTS
    Special Guests, LA ROCCA
    Tuesday 26th August - The Sugar Club

HAR MAR SUPERSTAR
    Friday 29th August - Whelan's

Hip Hop Canuck,
    BUCK 65
    special guests: MESSIAH J & THE EXPERT
    Saturday 30th August - Whelan's

MACHINE GUN FELLATIO
    Friday 12th September - The Sugar Club

TURN
    Friday 19th September - TBMC

ARAB STRAP
    plus very, very special guests
    Thursday 2 October - TBMC

BRITISH SEA POWER
    special guests: THE THINGS
    Thursday 9 October - Whelan's

THE BANDITS
    Saturday 11th October - The Sugar Club

COSMIC ROUGH RIDERS
    Sunday 12th October - The Sugar Club

BIFFY CLYRO
    special guests: FUTURE KINGS OF SPAIN
    Saturday 18th October - TBMC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

/Me urges people to go see Buck 65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Have my Arab Strap tickets bought anyway.. wonder who the support act will be ...

Also need to get Spiritualized tix (the awesome Soledad Brothers are supporting).. thats on 8th September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Anyone managed to get their hands on the new Soledad album yet? Supposed to be a good 'un...

Buck rules! He's got a new album out the first week in September so he should be playing a good bit from that as well.

hey jmc you mean Steal Your Soul? that was last year.. but brill, havent got thier live album (released this year) tho have heard one or two tracks, pretty rockin... didnt know they had a new one out again tho.. goes off to check :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

the sugar club plays live music every weekend?

i stay down just off leeson street and i walk bye the place to/from work and when im going into town at weekends, i was more than convinced this was a strip joint or something. Never really thought about asking i just assumed so.

If its the kind of place like whelans then jesus ive been missing out on a good local spot ;(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Originally posted by Big Chief
    the sugar club plays live music every weekend?

i stay down just off leeson street and i walk bye the place to/from work and when im going into town at weekends, i was more than convinced this was a strip joint or something. Never really thought about asking i just assumed so.

If its the kind of place like whelans then jesus ive been missing out on a good local spot ;(

I think it used to be a strip club, but they're now just a club/venue, there's live stuff on in there pretty much every week, it varies though so check the listing, goes between really good local and international stuff, and dodgy crap for folks in thier mid-40's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

There's a lot more regular gigs on there now during the week a la Whelans.

Late-night weekends are still bands like Camambert Quartet and the like. Though The Ballroom of Romance had their first anniversary gig there a few weeks ago, good aul' night.

Hey Kali, I think the new Soledad album is called 'Voices of Treason', good reviews all round...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

biffy clyro whoooooo

better not be over 18's :(

Originally posted by jmc
    Hey Kali, I think the new Soledad album is called 'Voices of Treason', good reviews all round...

picked it up mid-week, bloody excellent album, much tighter than their other stuff, well impressed and definitely worth the 20 europeans.

Advertisement