Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4800SE worth it over a 4200?

• 19-08-2003 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

I've a 4200 and I've noticed a 4400 (4800SE) going cheap. Anyone had both and noticed much of a difference? Should I bother changing. Maybe I should wait for the 5600ultra?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

5600 ultra are very noisy. if your going to get an fx card get the fx5900 Ultra you pay extra you get extra imo. these things are whisper quiet (so pczone say)

a TI4200 (which i have myself) are meant to be the best out of the bunch of the geforce4 family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Don't like noise. Maybe I'll just hang on to the 4200 for a while longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

There will be very little difference between them . Why not just overclock yout 4200 to 4400 speeds and see if you notice any difference.
    Even the fx5600 isn't that big of a jump either.

I really want a Rad9800Pro kinda card but can't afford it. Also I have had driver issues with ATI cards in the past and everyboard has someone woth a problem with some sort of Current ATI card or another. Doesn't inspire confidence.

Now that I remember I tried a GF4600 and a GF4ti4200 back to back in games a while back and there was hardly a difference. In benchmarks yes but in games no.

ricardo this is the cheapest raddy 9800pro i've seen

Clicky

cheap enough for what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I would recommend the 9800 non pro as it is a good bit cheaper than the pro and has the same technology. Only the clockspeeds are a bit lower. With a BIOS flash i turned my non pro into a pro anyway.
    This is Babyeater not Bullman

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    ricardo this is the cheapest raddy 9800pro i've seen

Clicky

cheap enough for what it is.

Still eye watering though. I'll have to try find where my wallet ran off screaming to hide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Cheap enough? Jesus! Put me in touch with your broker will ya?

i mean its the cheapest version of that card didn't say the 380 euros is cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

cartman is sellin 9800pros for 330€

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,809 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

5600 ultra's aren't particularly noisy

Advertisement