Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sending Money

• 20-08-2003 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭

I know it's not Rip off Ireland, but it's handy to know :P

If you are sending money to another Euro country (not sure about further a field) use Eurogiro, as they have a flat fee about 5 euro for anything up to 1300 euro.

Western Union wanted to charge me about 30 euro to transfer 200 euro.

Western Union is almost automatic, while Euro Giro takes up to 4-5 working days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

And just to add to this if you transfer between 2 accounts in different countries (for all those with ansbacher and other such accounts :) ) AIB charge almost 8 euro to clear it while my bank here in Austria charge less than 4 for the same service!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

ah, but they explained that... the computer systems are not set up to talk to each other yet.....

so, AIB and Deutsche Bank use completely different systems that are incapable of tlaking ot each other... and neither bank has a secure server!!! (so much for online banking!)... what, they cant use email???? So obviously, it costs €8 to make a phone call or send the bank equivalent of SMS.

I've been caught by that fund transfer one before... gits.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Originally posted by LoLth
    ah, but they explained that... the computer systems are not set up to talk to each other yet.....

so, AIB and Deutsche Bank use completely different systems that are incapable of tlaking ot each other... and neither bank has a secure server!!! (so much for online banking!)... what, they cant use email???? So obviously, it costs €8 to make a phone call or send the bank equivalent of SMS.

I've been caught by that fund transfer one before... gits.

I think that has been changed - see

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=1060539#post1060539

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by LoLth

so, AIB and Deutsche Bank use completely different systems that are incapable of tlaking ot each other... and neither bank has a secure server!!! (so much for online banking!)

Ha, ha, don't start... every heard of Swift Transfers?

This is where some poor guy has to take responsibility for transferring the very largest sums of money (Swift Transfers) between banks... by hand.

So when AIB and Deutsche Bank want to tranfer 10 million lids between each other... that's not automated.... no, paddy(x) or hans(y) has to take responsibility for doing that from a computer terminal... by hand.

The irony is .... it's called a "Swift" transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

It's mental...
    Cheque in Euros drawn on an Irish bank is treated as foreign currency and thus subject to a €12 transaction fee in Italy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Typedef
    The irony is .... it's called a "Swift" transfer.
    Now now. I'm sure the trainee doing the transfers is typing and clicking as fast as he/she can:rolleyes:

Advertisement