Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile phone help

• 20-08-2003 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Im buying a mobile phone. The phone was an 087 bill pay phone. My phone is an 085 "pay as you go". Will I be able to transfer my sim card directly into the new phone, or will the new phone have to be unlocked?? The original owner of the new phone only has it a few months and got it in an upgrade deal....

Thanks in advance,
    king

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Depends on the phone make and type, most phones can swap sims but there are a few which can't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

Its a nokia 7650 picture phone, if thats any help to ya??

bump :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

hey mate,
    well if its a 7650 bill pay then more then likely its unlocked as most if not all bill pay are... if not u can get it unlocked without too much hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I have a little program for unlocking them
    ;-}

• Advertisement

cool :D,

Does the program work over infra red??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Zion

well king, for my bill pay nokia 7650 what i have to do is to ring vodafone to give me the unlocking code. It's a bit stupid but well it's free. So you should ask the guy who is selling the phone do that for you first. Giving up ur motorola v50 huh? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

If you give me the imei number and the network its locked I can send you back codes to unlock it.

Advertisement