Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleas

• 20-08-2003 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Noticed a few around the house recently and got a few bites from the buggers.Recently shampooed the pooch as I noticed he was scratching but I fear the damage has been done,Hoovered from top to bottom and got some insecticide spray but the seem to be still around.Any advice anyone?, I suspect the recent hot weather has been good for spreading the yokes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

put fela powder on all carpets, leave for a while, then hoover. Repeat after a couple of days, as the eggs are not killed by the flea powder.

I remember coming home from holidays about 15 years ago, house was f*cking jumping with the little mofo's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Go to the vet and ask for Advantage flea treatment. You put a small dose of it on the kneck of your affected pet and its stops the flea eggs that are laid from hatching. Pretty soon fleas will be a distant memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It literally took me 5 minutes trying to find the Pet Issues board.

Moved from PI - it's a bit more relavent here I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Fleas are right bastards. A few winters ago we got a work type desk and shelt delivered. Coincidence or not a week later the room was jumping with the bastards. Its an extremely annoying problem to have-you have to make excuses to keep people out of your house and your checking your ankles every 5 mins to make sure your not carrying them about the house.
    Eventually we got some sort of powder from a pet store in blanchardstown and it got rid of them.

You can also buy a torch which attracts them and then sticks them to its surface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Originally posted by Beëlzebooze
    put fela powder on all carpets, leave for a while, then hoover. Repeat after a couple of days, as the eggs are not killed by the flea powder.

I remember coming home from holidays about 15 years ago, house was f*cking jumping with the little mofo's

Exactly the same thing happened to us, and we went for the same solution. Should do the trick.

Thanks Gordo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Odin

You can also get a thing called a 'Fogger" it's a kind of non-stoppable aerosol that you place in the middle of the room(s) close ALL windows and block up all areas where a draught can come through, then hit the top of the can and get out of the house (with all your animals) for about three hours. After this you go in and open the windows to air the room for a half hour and voila no more fleas - kills lavae and eggs too. 1 can does about 40 cubic meters.

Advertisement