Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@, [ , ] in SQL (VB)

Options
  • 20-08-2003 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

Creating a database in Oracle using VB.

However when i try to enter a field using the above options (ie @ [ ]) i get an SQL statement error. This is very annoying for obvious reasons.
    Is there any way around this? patches or the likes?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

sorry i think you mis understand (or i do) but when entering a form into the database.
    ie a mail address such as me@lookatme.com.
    When i hit enter/save changes it gives me a SQL error and says database not updated. I can't expect clients to type me\@lookatme.com. or did you mean something else? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I can't expect clients to type me\@lookatme.com. or did you mean something else?

your right .. but we expect you to change the way it gets delivered

instead of
    WHEN 'enter pressed' CALL FUNCTION:update database

have

WHEN 'enter pressed' CALL FUNCTION:checkfield THEN CALL FUNCTION:update database

where checkfield would change the value of
    and check for other characters etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Aye, parse your String for special characters and add an escape sequence. Watch out for single and double quotes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

ahhhh ok, think i gotcha :D

Thanks for the help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

You could use stored procedures as well and avoid those problems.

Advertisement