Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controversy.

Options
  • 06-04-1999 4:00pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, here it is. We've gotten all lovey dovey and I've been the worst of them all. Keeping the peace has led to a bit of a dull home scene right now.

So here is the way it is.

Right now CW 0wn everyone on Wars.
    There is noone to beat Koopa in duels. You all suck except maybe Bunny.
    CG rule CA except when Tomb gets bored of wars and if OCB ever gets a decent machine we m ight have to recruit him.

DD, are they still around? Leftovers from UNT and god help them, Cs!

INC, sitting in the rocking chair on Quake's porch remembering the good aul days and mumbling something like "storms a brewin'"

Scobe? Are we gonna get a game soon lads or disappear up our own bottoms in an event that would give Stephen Hawkins the willies.

GI? Dead it would appear. Long Live GI.

CD? Fury and Chaos are there but can you name another one? Lets face it, did they ever win a war? Fury, Chaos you lads wanna transfer?

XCOM? firmly in the "Where are they now" file. Are they ever coming out?

Yeah I know what you are doing, you're all sitting there itching to reply and try and beat blades posting record. Well, all you IRC nannys can argue with me all you like but talk is cheap and the only replies I want to see to this should contain just two things.

Server and Time.

You think you are all that? Dream* on.

DeVore.

*Your dreams and those of DeVore Corporation and its subsidiaries may differ wildly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Dont know why you lot are bothering, all your good quake(and quake 2) players have crossed to tribes long ago:p,

Do not resist the temptation....

You know you want to play tribes....

Tribes......

Tribes......

Sleep.......

*click*

When you wake you will be tribes mad and wont know what quake is, nor will you like its confined game play, you will yern for a booster pack on your back and a laser rifle to snipe newbies from the length of the map, you will get on the bus and wonder why your zoom isent working.....

*click*

You are now awake, come on over to tribes where you all belong smile.gif

[em]vaggabond

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm Vagga now watch it !!!!

Quake is ideal for a quick fix and Tribes is fine for a longer game.

Now don't slag Quake again or I'll mortar ure ass off the map smile.gif

Gandalf.

you dont have the guts smile.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Oh yeah I forgot, some predictions.

CW will rape everyone excpet Scobe
    CG never tire of squishing DD and lads, we wear your heads as keyrings.
    Scobe will munch INC with some nice favva beans and a chiati.

Inc will rape DD (who doesnt?) and CG will beat Inc for picking on their patsies.

In duels, and bunny will play off to see how get the pleasure of being Koopas *****. Chaos and Mickah are also rans.

Tribes players are failed quakers.

Have I forgotten anyone? oh yes, GLOW, the poor mans CG.

So the question you have to ask yourself is are you going to let me get away with saying this or are you going do something about it B|tch.

DeVore, whose been spend too much time talking to Aussies....

[This message has been edited by DeVore (edited 06-04-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hehehehe

CG will rape all in CA. Oh and I have my nice shiney new Pace 56k Modem smile.gif Time to lower the sensitivity and improve my shaftin skills tongue.gif

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Can X-com play CW for the laff... Would be funny if we beat the living ****e outa ye!!!

SB...

Ahhhh Dev Buddy, the great thing is that all the new on-line gaming talent has bi-passed the obselence that is quake and comes to friendly party land that is tribes. How many new good quality gamers does quake have, tribes has a whole community - except for a few (teeth, rev helfire., fiend, gandalf...) all the rest of us never really played quake to any extent.

Quake is a mare - you join and get ****ed up for ages cos everyone is 2 - 3 years ahead of you - you would need to play 10 hours a day to get any good. Tribes is new (not even releases in europe yet and our servers full already smile.gif)team based and built around bringing newbies along now raping them.

Quake is dead

Long live the tribal revolution

[em]vaggabond

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

HIV will rape everyone except maybe EED.

Oh hold on you're talking about QW here. Ahhhhh.

Kegs.
    (Sense?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ChRoMe99

/me grabs the big wooden spoon from DeVore

I think that a lot of the reputations in Irish Quake are from a long time ago. And with people who have these reputations obhiously dont want to lose them. Thus they dont want to (unable) to acknolage other players that started are being crap and have gotten pretty good. Anyone rember the game uNT v TLP. TLP were kicked uNT still wernt given recigination for it.

Just a thought

ChRoMe

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Talk talk talk.
    TLP were an on the spure of the moment Clan.

Get on a server and prove it.

Devore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

But then again Kegser me old son, yis got yis your arse's bet around the kip by LsD. Jus sayin is all.

who do u luv...

juNk laa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

Preach On Brother DeVore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

Keg has a short memory............it seems.......
    /me waits for the duel invite.

ahaha
    HIV......what next..punch and john from chips?:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Your right about DD ( surprise!! ) From what I read here Johnoo has left us and so has slosh. This is a shame as I thought we were pretty good when we got together and actully PRACTICED a few weeks back.

Still... if any of the DD lads are still interested in playing wars gimme a mail.

Would be nice to put dev in his place.

EL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

CG rule CA......?

Any two CG players, Any server, Any time, against me and Overlord who doesnt even play fucck all any more...........

So Dev Duran, practise what you preach, me and OL will beat any two CG boyz in CA, I'll bet you the France fare on it.

You got the BAWLS, son ?? smile.gif

Ze-(Choose a team, Blue or Red)-ro

Right
    Come On Then, If you think your man enuf to play equal, of course unless you want to play with 30 pings and then when we beat you u will have no comeback at all.

Name The Time Bucho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Dev

I thought u went to Sweden to watch quake, I really didnt believe that u went for the sex change.

You want to watch them hormone pills wo-man, seems to be affecting your sense of reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

is there a quake scene in ireland? oops i mist it sorry

But your opion about who is good at what is complete sh!te anyway. all of a sudden your all knowing WOW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

lol @ kindred smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

hahhahahahaahahaaaaaaaa......CG rape any1 in arena. Your full of wisecracks Dev. We'll rape ur arses all over the joint on CA and no1 in cD are dedicated CA players no more either. Dont crown urself kings for beating some muppet clans. tongue.gif As for cD, we got a nice line up as players go. Chaos, aX, Hendy, Skulker, Judas, Armo, Bic and of course myself too.(I'm sure EWJ is hiding in there too) Tho we've beed looking for matches against english clans of l8(and Ni 1s too, read my post on Ni-Quake) cause its so hard to get a game over here. I would enjoy the annual raping from CW soon tho. (Von take note.) Scobe sounds like a bit of crack too or any other clan for that matter.
    FurY^cD(DestinE alive and kickin.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

o christ above
    i never realised how blind some of yeer are!

can't yee see what dev is doing??????

he's trying to revive the irish quake scene!
    get some clan matches gong!
    and hes right too!
    stir the sh!t !
    cause havoc!

lord when i first got into yeer quake scene
    all yee did was play qauke, then go into the channel and talk about it...then someone from a diff clan would say somehting aboutt he game and next thing u no theres another clan game on with more just dying to get on the servers!
    all anyone does anymore is sit around on irc!
    i no, im not one to talk and i rarely much much quake but i get off my *****and go play
    and enjoy it!

like i mena vagga soz liek but devs trying to stir the lot of yee and i dont think i ever saw u on any of the quake servers
    tribes is like q2 just longer and way more boring
    not half as much fun as Q1

hers soemthing for yee to do.....see the top of the board there ^ says posts going back to ** days
    change that back to the last and u wont believe the change
    in the start its all orgainisng wars!
    and clan matchs etc
    now its all jokes n giving out and hassle

FS GET OFF YEER AR SES AND PLAY GOD DAMNIT!
    heh i'll be the first to go for now on if soemone wants a game of ca or war (if i'm let in that is) or a duel!
    fup it i'll do my best to get ppl playing too
    bride yee if i ahve to
    dev's totally right and fair play to him for trying
    its all fine to go off and play other countries but not much use if yee dont get practice at home
    cant remember when the last time i saw a clan match been organised
    was last yr defo dunno bout this

now im off coz anjo ahs run off on me and we're posed to be playing a duel1
    see i mean it!

but do yee?????
    cmon!
    get off and paly for crying out loud!
    for the alff if anything!
    wont kill yees!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

adra hun, your nearly as good as me at stating the obvious!!

CW shall be 0wn3d someday smile.gif
    that day is dawning

Mwahahahahahaa (c) Raven{Anathema}

OL, Zero, you are good mates and clanmates in Scobe, but spare me the bull, nD played 4 lpbs against CG and only beat us on the last round of the last series. We Owned you.

And we'll own you again. Any time any where.
    As for cash, the honour means more to me (and im broke too!) so no ta, lets keep it reasonably friendly (besides I wouldnt want you to owe me twice).

Adra darling, shhh! smile.gif

Xcom v CW then.
    Cw v CG in CA

Chaos, im afraid Koopa has your ma in his hareem I believe, but feel free to prove me wrong. Maybe MP will do an Irish based Battle Grounds for it??? Besides, I think you'd have to beat OL for a shot at the title anyway.

So far all I hear is talk from the lot of ye and not too many posts of Servers and Times.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

adra darlin shhh
    uh whast that like?
    ah who cares
    dev duel??
    u name it?

Adra et al,

As i said I dont play either quake game - too much pot luck, hit n hope and not enough team based, well fun basically.

Its a shame yu lot have to resort to abusing each other to revive your ailing community, its really sad smile.gif.

Im a team player, open spaces, heavy armour and a mortar's all I need. If the 2 or 3 of you out there still playing quake wanna play it, more power to yis. I just wanna give A point of view, thats all

[em]vagga

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

ahem, sorry dev, I can take a certain amount of bullsh!t, but this takes the biscuit.

Myself and Woody would RAPE any two CG players, there is no fucckin way you lads will win, and that's why you won't make it interesting by betting the France fare, (student-moneymoneymoney....), coz you know we're gonna rape ure gay asses.

"And we'll own you again. Any time any where."

sorry, but i nearly broke my hole laffing when I read that. I might have dropped a lot in the ratings of Irish Quakers the last while, not playin n stuff, but one place I havent is CA, and I WILL kick your Duran Duran ass all over the level. yes indeed.

name the time boyo, we'll meet you there.

Zero.
    Takeit@devore.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dupre

Controversial post my a$$. Sure ya haven't even slagged Quake 2 ... tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

CG never tire of squishing DD

He hemmmm even tho I'm CG, I'm still DD at heart. Sides DD was just a social clan with a few CTF matches thrown in. AND I don't remember DD ever playing CG - you chickened out of our CTF match at QP :p

Dre is right beside me here (literally!!)

Sooooo if you want a CA challenge - myself and Dre will temporarily turncoat and play for DD gainst u!! Scared ?? :p

And ehhh OCB is DD so :ppp again! Will ring u tomorrow anyway pal!

Slosh.

****ING ****S *********ING ASS **** LICKERS

Now That thats out of way

come on then with ur DD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

Ah HAH devon.

Old chap.

You forgot TKC, the Clan Arena Clan.

We're up for anyone on a "best out of 5" DM3 clan arena tourny, but personnally we want YOU, CG, you and your "CG rule CA" comments need some seeing to. Yes yas may well be a grand auld team. But we'll give ya a go. A final go, as myself and the lads have some **** happening soon (more to be told on Sunday) so we want yas, for one last BIG ONE.

Givus a mail: unt@mindless.com

And we'll organise a date.

Advertisement