Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controversy.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

I'd love too, done it a while back tho, but what ever makes u happy

[This message has been edited by Chaos (edited 06-04-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

Irish Quake has died.
    Irish Net is just too brutal.
    College connects feel it, ISDNer's feel it, even the PACE modemers have to put up with 10 PL.
    Irish Clans are too unbalanced :
    CW is the irish team.
    CT/UL is the best individually skilled group of players.
    INC try their best god love em smile.gif
    The rest aren't that competitve or lack the experienced/skilled players to "show them the way".

Online gaming is totally different to LAN when u get competitive and international. Oh it's crap too, with the state of irish net.

LAN is the only way to go, mmmmm 13 ping. I'm outta here as far as Online goes, I might be at the lans.

G'luck Dev reviving the online Quake scene, never seen anyone put so much into something so unrewarding.

fair f*cks

Mickah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Judas

this is a sad....
    very sad!

John!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

Mickah......is completely right.
    about every thing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

hey as usual abat/dk gets no mention smile.gif

dk started goin strong and got some trainings
    but like then it was realised no one to play, no point.

as for me id play if i had a good machine/ping for once, maybe ill get a good modem sometime soon.

pat

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

So is that it then?
    Should we just call it a day and hang on IRC or is there a chance that Quake3/Daikatana and the distant whiff of cable modems will revive it?

Cos I'd like to know like.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

about 10% of us can run quake3 smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

I agree.
    Irish Quake is gone to the dogs, the only good part these days being dev and the lads work to run an irish team, which they're doin a great job of.
    Ppl now just hang on irc and TALK about the clans rather than actually playin, me being one of those ppl, i dont have fucck all time these with projects n stuff, and just the fact that I no longer have as much of an interest in Quake as much. I reached my peak in Quake a long long time ago, the only reason im still around is a) because i have a 20 quid bet with my bro that he wont beat me b4 i leave college, but the main reason being b) I have lots of pals in the quake scene, and events like QFs, QPs and Team.ie are such crack.

The reason Irish Quake is dying is a simple one. In Quake terms, I am an old old player (autoswitchin to oldtimer mode), coming from way way back in the days of CloudWarrior, Krusty, Qwerty, Mouserat, Diablo, Mindphuck, Shiva, Xon, Deathking. You always get ppl like us in games like this. The problem is that now even Devore is an old quaker, and he still seems newish to us lads. There are NO new players starting quake, so we are all gettin old and losing interest, with only the odd perk like a team.ie thing to spark it up a bit. personally im waitin for a new game to come out, im bored of quake, just play enuff lan stuff to keep my eye in, with indigo connections so crap these days.
    So i dunno, the hats could nearly be hung up, we are startin to sound like an awful shower of muppets here. personally, with Clan Scobe, I'll be willing to give it an awful lot of time in a few weeks when i come to dublin and all this project shiite is behind me. I spose the only thing to do, is if ure gonna give up give up, otherwise just hang out, but dont talk like we're doin shiit coz we're not.

gone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

HIV meet PK (Div1 UKCCL) in the 3rd round of the UK HPB Cup next Monday. And we're gonna make em TAKE IT ! Irish Q2 is alive and well. Bye bye qw.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmmmm I'm getting too old for this lark I remember playing with CloudWarrior, Krusty, Qwerty, Mouserat, Diablo, Mindphuck, Shiva, Xon, Deathking. All those good old days playing Vanilla CTF on quakesrv2 on Indigo or quake.iol.ie, playing with the keyboard, grapple suicides, waterzaps.....ahhh the good old days, we didn't have fancy 3d cards we had to use Monochrome 10" Vdu's and played on systems with 256k of memory blah blah blah......

/me gets his Zimmerframe

Gandalf. tongue.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

In the TLP thing...

you must not forget that I for one hadn`t play at all in the run up to qp, bar a game or 2 with suds in *cough* work *cough*. Other then that that monday was my only day of quake since b4 my repeats in the summer. And if I may say so I did pretty well against all those there...

I`m gonna start to play something after my exams, and from last weeks nethouse it looks like either loadsa quake and some quake 2. So bah!!

I`ll be back!!..

Ro long live GI smile.gif..

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

You can F****KIN TAAKE IT CG!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Leprecahun of death? Thats right, Death would own you. You boys can come up here and play us in Nethouse so you cant use Zero's bot, nor whine that your pings LOOK like LPB but really they are terrible , terrible I tell you.....

Me and Bunny v OL and Zero on a lan in CA. 0wned.

DeV.

[This message has been edited by DeVore (edited 07-04-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Suds

This is a cynical attempt to beat blades post record...

Cynical.....

And yes, I wanna be part of it smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Im with you Suds smile.gif

Ok, now its gettin annoying, made more annoying by the brit-acquired 'hakeem' word "Owned".
    I sometimes get beaten in CA, but NOBODY owns me, and its posts like ures that get OL riled up to a point where he'd take both of ye. And don't start on the ping shiite, Bunny has seen the crap we have to put up with, with this cabling goin on in the college. And UL players dont need bots to win either.

It's agreed so, next time in Dublin (which prolly isnt til the first wk of june), me and Overlord against yerself and bunny.
    I'll leave Bunny to Woody, you're mine Dev, and all the posts in world with self-professed brilliance won't stop that coz im gonna kick ure ass all over DM3.

ahem.

Zero.

[This message has been edited by Zero (edited 07-04-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

.........LsD are the best in quake2 atm...ask anyone bar the HIV lads........ smile.gif.

Bring it on sheep-worrier. If you beat us I'll put up a page on my server saying you are the greatest CA player that ever graced a server.

Talk to you soon!

Dev.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Hehe

/me wakes up upon hearing "DD" and "CA" in the same sentence.

Pres, Just say the word, and I'll come a running. smile.gif

Devore, you bearded muppet, methinks that being around good quake players in that strange land, has given you the somewhat sad illusion that you are in some small way, a talented player, along with the rest of those CG gimps. I'm gonna have a word with the rest of the DD lads (Slosh and Johno too, if they'll play smile.gif ), and get a time and place organised. I suggest you do the same. On the other hand, if your not into being raped, then don't. Muahhhhhhhhh.

Osi raped me on a server the other day, in a dool, and kindly reminded me that I've been letting it slip recently. So I'm getting back in the saddle, and coming out for some ass-kicking. NOBODY is gonna do that to me again. smile.gif Now, where did I put that frogbot???

Hail To The King, Baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

Jaden what are you talking about i played you tonite and you still suck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭MikeS

Blade start worrying i think this post might just beat yours lol wink.giftongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Alan

Ah well this is sad.

Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭johnoo

Anyone wants a "ca war" can post back here and challenge tkc or of course dd, I'll have no problems getting a few heads.

johnoo

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Ordinarily, I don't even look at these big long posts - too many words and no pictures curlydav.gif

This time, I'm making an exception...

I remember that wee little get together we all had in the Burlington last October and I remember a certain small clan from the west of Ireland (and Cork including MaNgLeR) playing it's testimonial match in CA against CG. As I recall that that small clan, Zero Tolerance, had never practiced CA as a team before and were expecting an anal rape (I mean even DD beat us). The game started and CG quickly took a 4 - 1 game lead in the series.
    Suddenly, out from the shadows came a man in a sombrero. He proceeded to whip CG ass single-handedly and brought the series to 4 - 4 only to be crushed by 3 CGers who were out to kill JUST him.

That story is in no way biased tongue.gif

CG Own people on CA...the thought!!!

ZT-Kharn
    curlydav.gif

PS: Please don't take this ludicrous post seriously - I haven't slept in 3 days because I've just started work on a project that I was given in January and have to hand in when I come back from Easter Holls curlydav.gif

Sure Dev, how would beating you make someone the best CA player of all time?
    its no big deal, we'll do it b4 breakfast.
    As would Johno, Daa, Mickah, Anjo....the list is long my bearded Friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

What about a nice cup of tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

> GI? Dead it would appear. Long Live GI.

We're playing Q2 actually. GI forever.

J.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Creeper

CG !! LOL!!! Clan Arena!! LOL!!
    Umm I'm out of practice but I still manage to singlehandedly beat Gandalf, Death and some other muppet.
    CG are muppets ? Hello!?
    Devore - Newbie muppet.....not even an oldschool one.

So much big talk , so few servers and times.
    You all talk big. Johno, CG v DD at your leisure. Indigo Clan Arena, CG's home server. :p

The rest of you are so much hot air.

Lets get it on.
    DeVore.

• Advertisement

Alright Dev, enuff bearded comments.

ANY three CG players, vs Overlord Jay and Zero on the indigo CA server.

Friday night (tomorrow) at 11pm.

We'll beat you, and beat you badly, and the demos will be up. Let that be the end of the CG self-professed superiority in CA.

Ze-(he knows he'd lose or he'd bet the france fare, all talk, Old legends never die, long live Fianna, Overlord is always king)-ro.

Advertisement