Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom.net extremely slow

Options
  • 20-08-2003 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Im using ntl broadband as my isp, but I use eircom for my e-mail. For the past week or so logging on to eircom.net as been getting slower and slower, it now takes literally 5 mins for each page to load and Im getting speeds of .5kbs and lower when downloading attachments. has anyone else noticed this? are eircom trying to weed out people using their e-mail who dont use their isp?

btw I havent noticed any difference with other websites

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Are you using the webmail site?
    Why don't you just pop your mail instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Packet

The problem is that NTL's connection into the INEX is not big enough - they need to get a faster link. Eircom have stopped peering with them at INEX so that the traffic reroutes via the LINX which NTL have a faster connection to.

Advertisement