Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

importing pst into outlook

Options
  • 20-08-2003 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help please!

I'm trying to import a .pst file back into a reloaded Outlook 2000.

The file is 70mb and it imports fine...no error messages, but when I check the folders nothing appears, No messages at all.

I'm using win '98se.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

how long does it take to import the file?
    If it's 70 Mb it should take a few seconds at least during which you should be able to tell if it's doing something.

Also doub;e check where you're importing the files to. You can import into a folder of your choice. Expand all folders that you can to make sure it's not being saved somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

It takes a second or two but doesn't show a progress bar indicating that it is actually doing anything.... I've tested a few other .psts and it works fine and shows a progress bar.

Yep, checked all folders etc and no data to be found anywhere....but no error messages either.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Was it password protected?

Are you importing it or opening it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭ando

it should take a lot longer than a few seconds with a 70meg pst. did you export the pst? from the same outlook version?

if your importing, try opening instead and visa versa

Advertisement