Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Boy Advance SP ...

• 20-08-2003 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

In the "it pays to shop around" spirit of things...

The GBA SP retails for €139.99 in Ireland, $99.95 in the U.S. (approx. €90). The problem is finding a retailer that will ship to Europe. Luckily Tronix do and the shipping rate is quite reasonable ($12.00).
    $99.95 + $12.00 = $111.95 (€100.85)

Apart from the price, the only difference is the power supply. In order to recharge the battery you'll need to buy a UK power supply, the management in the Game stores I asked (Grafton & Dawson St.) insisted there is no such thing as a third party power supply for the GBA SP on the market at present, but they hope to stock their own branded ones when they become available in late September/October. They seemed surprised to hear that you could already get them on the internet - ConolePlus in the UK sell them for £6.70, but postage is quite expensive if you're only ordering one (£5.53).
    £6.70 + £5.53 = £12.23 (€17.47)

Total Cost : €118.32

A saving of over €21. Myself and a couple of friends placed our orders last week between us and the savings proved to be greater by sharing the shipping costs between the three of us.

Tronix : $321.85 (€289.95)
    ConsolePlus : £28 (€40)
    Total Cost : €329.95 -> €110 each! :cool:

We were required to fax a copy of the credit card used to Tronix as well as a copy of a utility bill for the credit card billing address because we were first time international customers - that was the only headache involved. They marked the value of the package as $31 so the customs boys didn't look at it. :)

The orders were placed on a Friday and they were both delivered by the following Thursday.

And for future reference Tronix are cheap for GBA games, $29.95 as opposed to €44.99 for new titles. :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I bought my GBASP in the states (Gamestop) for 105 Dollars inc Tax which is about 95 Euroids. Ill get the adaptor later on, but for now i have a stepdown adaptor i bought in Peats for 20€ that i use to power all my US bought gadgets. Its perfect and works with all games. Games are hella cheap over there from 9.99$ upwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

its still possible to be stung by customs, who charge 16% on top of the total invoive value (inc the postage) you can be lucky or unlucky with it but if it gets cought you have to pay

Advertisement