Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old star players

Options
  • 20-08-2003 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭

I'm playing as Real Madrid, and I'm wondering what to do a few seasons in when Zidane and Figo are getting on a bit, both are around the 32 yr old mark.

They are both playing well, Figo especially, Zidane can't really last for the full 90 minutes these days but its ok as I have Arteta to sub in.

I'm wondering if I should sell them both now and maybe get some cash while they still are able to play at a high level, or maybe I should keep them until they're ready for the glue factory and play them as backup to younger players.

I think I could get about 15-20 million for them both, and I have good players to replace them.
    MC: Arteta, Kallstrom (Cambiasso/Helguera maybe)
    MR: Simao (good but not as good as Figo), Quaresma (hasn't got any first team action yet)

so,
    Sell or keep?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'd sell both of them while you can still get cash for them. Your right wing is grand with Farnerud, Quaresma and Mancini, so you can spend all the cash from them on Rosicky or somethimg.

Or maybe sell both and bring in Diego and Kaka at the end of the season.

But then you know what I think already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

yeah, but they are both still really good at the moment, I could sell them now, or else wait til summer which is what I'll probably do, but they will be pushing 33 by then,

Simao hasn't proven himself yet, maybe I'll sell them all and buy Joaquin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

sell - more exciting

Advertisement