Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

klebesson first game

• 20-08-2003 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

just watched the first half of klebbeson in the reserves against blackburn. He looks like a good player. he has a nice range of passes wich you would expect from verons replacement and he can tackle. Very early days but he looks like a good addition to the squad.

Another positive from the game is G Neville playing and made some crunching tackles so he is obviously backto fitness and in contention which eases the worry about another defender getting injured. Fergie is in attendance obviosly checking out his newest player an dg neville. Fergie will have more selection headaches particularly in midfield but its a nice problem to have.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

He may even get on the bench for the Newcastle Match!!

Djemba Djemba will probably be playing from the start because Nicky Butt got injured tonight playing for England :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

He may even get on the bench for the Newcastle Match!!

He may indeed, loooking forward to that they will be up for it after last season and i expect will give us a tought match.
    Roll on noon saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

I'd expect Kleberson to start ahead of Djemba no? Who do you think is better from all you have seen of the two? Djemba or Kleberson? I'd have to go with Kleberson...

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

We'll see how they perform first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I'd go with Djemba Djemba from the start .... using Ronaldo to give the penetration on the right .... then bring on Kleberson midway through the second half

• Advertisement

From what i have seen they are different types Djemba Djemba is more in the keane mould where as Klebs from what i saw last night is more a veron who tackles type of player. It was only a reserve game so its difficult to gauge from that.

Thats true...hmm so where exactly did kleberson play last night? Hardly defensive midfielder? Must have been attacking right?

Attacking right . As I said its hard to judge from a reserve match as the only first team players on view are returning from injury.
    He kept his passing simple mostly but did hit the odd long one Veron style. His fitness level looked good too so i would not be surprise to seehim in the first team soon.

good stuff...

good competition for solskjaer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Personally I think Fergie will play either Djemba or Ronaldo from the start. I don't think Kleberson is fully match fit but he will probably figure in the second half. The team I think will be One of the following.Personally I hope Kleberson starts and plays for 60mins and scores a hatrick cause he is in my Fantasy Football Team

Howard (GK)
    P. Neville(RB)
    Ferdinand(CB)
    Silvestre(CB)
    O' Shea or Fortune(LB)
    Ole Gunnar(RM)
    Keane(CM)
    Djemba(CM)
    Sholes(LM)
    Giggs(FR)
    Van The Man(ST)

or

Howard (GK)
    P. Neville(RB)
    Ferdinand(CB)
    Silvestre(CB)
    O' Shea or Fortune(LB)
    Ronaldo(RB)
    Keane(CM)
    Scholes(CM)
    Giggs(LM)
    Ole(ST)
    Van The Man(ST)

• Advertisement

Gary Neville was very sharp last nigh and i would not be surprised to see him at rb IMO he give a bit more going forward but other that that i'd say that team is not far off the mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Well if G. Neville is fully fit he will prob fit in at right back. a lot of people use Neville as a scapegoat when UTD loose(Me included) but last season he was one of the best right backs in the premiership. Especially in the first game against Liverpool.

G Neville is a very good solid right back. I never doubted him. I wish we had someone on the right like say Didé or Roberto Carlos is for the left...wishful thinking of course. Actually besides thuram and puyol and cafu(if not too old) who is that good on the right back flank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭canker

Carr is the only other fullback who comes close to neville in my opinion, hope nev's back in on saturday and philly can go over to the left. I'd expect midfield to be same as last week, maybe ronaldo for butt (scholes into middle and ron on left) if he's injured. Didnt think Kleb did anything spectacular for the reserves but would like to see him come on against the toon if we're up in the 2nd half.

Advertisement