Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Pets

Options
  • 20-08-2003 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

Well, cats specifically.

My cat hasn't been seen since around 2 pm today. While I'm sure this might not be a cause of concern for many cat-owners, knowing our cat it is hard not to become a little concerned. We've had her nine years now, she's actually quite housebound, and normally only goes out to go to the toilet or roll around on the path when the sun is out :)

So today's absence is causing a bit of anxiety in the house especially in my parents, who have become very attached to her. So..I suppose what I'm asking is has anyone else on the board been in a similar situation and if so what did you do or how did it end? Like I said, she's been here in this house a long time and so I doubt she became disorientated and is wandering lost somewhere...I'm of the opinion that there's little point going out and searching for her, as if she's anywhere in view one of our neighbours will surely have spotted her.

She has gone AWOL a few times over her lifetime (one time that sticks in my memory was one X-Mas day when she disappeared for ages), so personally I'm reasonably optimistic she'll come back, but my father is already despondent, he just said "I don't think we'll see her anymore" to me a few minutes ago.

I think that's all...oh she was in perfectly good health as far as everyone knows, had been to the vet several weeks ago when she was a bit unwell. Turns out she had some kind of fever or something. He gave her anti-biotics and she had been fine for the last 4/5 weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

She turned up a little while ago, unconcerned as could be, and a little unsure of what all the fuss was about. She was also covered in grime and dirt, leading me to believe she must have found something of great interest and was rummaging around. Time gone: Approx 8hrs 30 mins.

All's well that end's well :)

Advertisement