Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What street / road would you "fix"?

• 20-08-2003 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭

I regularly use Camden Street / Wexford Street and while most of it is 3/4 lanes, one section is only 2 lanes. Sometimes at 11pm it can take 15 minutes to travel 500m.

The main problem was when the Wide Streets Commisison rebuild Wexford / Camden Street, oh about 200 years ago, they didn't do the section at the junction of Kevin Street / Cuffe Street.

A similar thing happens at Merrion Row / Lower Baggot Street, Kevin Street, Upper Leeson Street, Charlemont Street / Adelaide Road, Church Street, Malahide Road (Marino and Donnycarney-Artane), Drumcondra Road Upper (Church Avenue) and to a lesser degree elsewhere. I presume going through Christchurch or Trinity might be out of bounds. :)

What one would you fix (need not be from this list)? Nothing fancy, just something simple that would improve the usefulness of the route and improve the overall streetscape.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Attachment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I would really love to bulldoze most of Terenure village. Every route out of town has the same symptoms as Victor mentioned elsewhere... nice wide road with room for a buslane until the last 200m or so where it narrows and you are stuck on the bus with the rest of the traffic.

Another junction which works fine at this time of year is Rathgar Rd. down to Rathmines and around by the Garda Station. Ten seconds to drive through this morning, in two weeks time :- 20 minutes:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭MDR

Malahide Road (Marino and Donnycarney-Artane),

There is plenty of room at the neck of this road, if the corpo didn't allow people to park in the bus lane (there is pay and display, yes in the bus lane, they aren't supposed to be there at peak hours, but you no how well the Irish obey rules like that, ah sure I will only be a minute, meanwhile a two mile tailback builds ..... :mad: ) . Anyway oh the things I would do with a high powered rifle .... (only kidding).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭gombín

The bus lane at the bottom of ther Malahide Rd. was abandoned when the shopkeepers started complaining about the lack of parking space for customers.

you sure 'cos last time I was down there, I am almost sure that it was still a bus lane during peak hours .... the shopkeepers can get f*cked as far as I am concerned, there is plenty of parking around the corner.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by MDR
    you sure 'cos last time I was down there, I am almost sure that it was still a bus lane during peak hours .... the shopkeepers can get f*cked as far as I am concerned, there is plenty of parking around the corner.
    I think they should just buy up all the shops and the gardens across the road and make it 4 lanes (2 bus lanes), in fact they should have done it before they started work on the Port Tunnel and added traffic to the area.

I think they should just buy up all the shops and the gardens across the road and make it 4 lanes (2 bus lanes), in fact they should have done it before they started work on the Port Tunnel and added traffic to the area.

Yeah,

I can just see 'An Board Peneala' (spelling ?) saying ok to that, it would have been brought to the Supreme Court in a flash .... pure fantasy Victor ....

Oh yes, Rathmines Road and the Rathmines to Leeson Street route (Castelwood Avenue - Belgave Square North - Charleston Road - Ranelagh - Chelmsford Road - Appian Way).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

The N2 from Finglas to Ashbourne. It's a bloody disgrace.

Originally posted by LFCFan
    The N2 from Finglas to Ashbourne. It's a bloody disgrace.
    Aren't they working on that at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by Victor
    Aren't they working on that at the moment?

They seem to be re-aligning part of it near Mays Newsagents. That section of the road had already been resurfaced last year so I don't think it has anything to do with improving the surface.

Advertisement