Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some info about buying a DVD writer.

• 20-08-2003 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Heya,
    I've finally bundled up enough cash to buy myself a DVD writer.
    The bad thing is I don't know much about the subject.
    Basically I know the bare essentials.
    There are two types of media on the market which are DVD-R (or rw) or DVD+R (or rw).
    The standard of them today is 4x writing and 2.4x - 2x re-writing.

Now, lets just imagine I wanted to use the DVD writer to make backups of DVD films and PS2 game backups.
    What would I need to look out for? PS2 is DVD-R as far as I know, right?

I found this one in particular to be good, it's affordable, supports both media types and has a decent enough speed.
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&AvdID=1&CatID=3&p=38124&view=detailed

But will this be able to do what I want it to do?
    I mean, it lists specs that I just don't have a clue about like writing methods DAO and TAO. I honestly don't know what that stuff means.

But as long as I'll be able to use it in the sense of what I can do at the moment with my normal CDRW, like making PS game backups with Clone CD :D

Can someone confirm this as a good product to buy? :)

Cheers
    - Tim

Advertisement