Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torex screwdriver for nokia 6310i?

• 20-08-2003 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

My 6310i has dust in the screen and it makes it hard to read in bright sunlight. Its getting worse too. Anyone know where I can get a screwdriver to open it up. Nokia say its a cosmetic fault and won't do it for me. Fine do good way to make me NOT buy a nokia next time out. Though to be honest under shop lights or at night you can't see it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I think you can get them inside the Maplin store, thats where i got mine i thinks. They only cost about 2 eurons aswell afaik.
    Also on a side note i took apart my nokia 6310 and its very very easy, when you are sliding apart the covers it feels like its going to break but trust me it won't! Here is the service manual for it Click Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Maplins don't have any in stock. I was in there earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

From memory, you don't need the torx screwdriver to get to the screen in a 6310 ???

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

RE: Torx 6 Screwdriver - any shop in Dublin?

although you can get a mobile repair kit from peats (if you wanted a bundle - check it comes with a T6 though - it should do)

hth,
    BrianG

Originally posted by wolfman
    From memory, you don't need the torx screwdriver to get to the screen in a 6310 ???

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong

well after you've unscrewed the 4 screws from the back and the one holding the antenna in place you wouldn't need one ;)

BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

I just LOVE when there are funny guys floating around at this hour of the nite!

I STAND CORRECTED

Sorry?
    :confused::confused:

lol :D

let me have a bit of fun working into the early hours...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

maplins have a set of 3 torx heads 5, 6 & 7 round the back of the screwdriver pillar next to the checkout. it's about halfway up, and is only the heads to stick into your own hex type screwdriver thingy that would take lots of heads.

be warned though its about 17 yoyo's.

try ebay to get one delivered for a fiver, but if you're in a hurry Maplin's is there to take your hard earned cash as always.

Also, the torx 7 is handy if you have a slightly threaded torx 6 screw, as they still fit in there quite well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

actually the sales guy looked there and was surprised that they were sold out. I'll try the shop in Blanch Center if they don't have it I'll try the web. Its a 6 I want is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Yeah its a 6 you need, but as was said above a 7 will work almost as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement