Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ireland jersey without eircom logo ?

• 20-08-2003 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

anyone know how to buy an ireland jearsey (pref the new one) *without* the stupid eircom logo

/n

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

the only way i can think of is get a fake one. damn errorcon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

nope unless you do as in the previous post or approach a irish soccer player and try and get one of their jersey.

it's stupid the way you can't buy them without eircom on it
    the english jersey doesn't have any on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

It is possible to get them. A soccer club from Shannon had the old green or orange Ireland jersey with their own logo and sponsorship..

I was playing against them one day and they didnt have enough jerseys or something. So they whipped out the Away kit.

My team there with our two year old jerseys, random shorts and socks :)

They must have gone to the Supplier.. Umbro at the time I suppose. Who is it now? Just ask them for unbranded Ireland jerseys. You'll have to call them directly liek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

i know.. its horrible..

eircom being the sponsor has actually put me off buying an irish jersery for the past few years.....

ireland is the only international team that i know of that sells their replica kits with their sponsor on it... when you go into a sports shop there is no other international jerseys with sponsors on them...

the only items of other international teams that have sponsors on them from time to time are the training gear shirts and tracksuit tops etc.. even that is pretty rare...

the sooner that the FAI or whoever is in charge of this decision kop on and have the option of selling the jersey without the sponsor, the better...

eircom scum....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

the only good thing about it is that it's orange and white, fits in well with the green!

but it is disgusting, far too big and awkward. what annoys me is that the actual team doesnt have it on theirs.

its not really a replica as its not the same as the one worn by the irish players.

carling, vodafone, etc arent the prettiest either so were not the only one's.

what do people think is the nicest irish jersy ever? i thinks its the world cup '94 white away one with green stripes that fade away at the bottom. a classic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You can get them without from the FAI but have to know someone etc:

Or ask a player at the end of a game.

kdjac

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Originally posted by smemon
    but it is disgusting, far too big and awkward. what annoys me is that the actual team doesnt have it on theirs.

You're not allowed to have a sponsor logo on your jersey in international football.

I heard that if you buy an Ireland jersey in another country it wouldn't have the evil eircom logo on it. It's the same with foreign jerseys over here...don't know if that's true or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

The logo has indeed put me off buying one also.
    Hated when I had to buy one earlier in the year for my little nephew as a gift :mad:
    Me thinks I'll see can I pick one up next weekend when I'm outa the country.
    How sad is that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Out of boredom in work i googled looking for a jersey US and UK shops all had the logo on it and ranged from $75 to £28

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I conducted the same "tests" in google looks like I won't be buying the Ireland jersey for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭SteM

You could always get one of those 'retro' ones? Football365 Have the 1990 and 1976 ones - http://www.football365shop.com/store/comersus_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?1=1&idcategory=25&curPage=2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Originally posted by smemon
    its not really a replica as its not the same as the one worn by the irish players.

carling, vodafone, etc arent the prettiest either so were not the only one's.

a replica kit is one that is sold in the shops to fans... the idea is that it is not the exact same as the one worn by the players...

carling sponsor celtic who are a club team

vodafone sponsor man utd who are a club team

we were talking about international teams where the norm is not to sell the replica kits with a sponsor...

we are the only ones..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

i've just been in the sports store in amsterdam airport

out of over 10 different kits i saw
    none of the other international kits had logos on them.
    most of the club (ajax etc.) had alternatives without.

i wonder why they do it ?
    surely eircom are only interested in players wearing a logo and not a bunch of loud beer drinking sunburnt fans.

/n

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

best jersey ever?

the adidas one, with the three stripes, early 90s was it? quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭canker

pick the logo off, you'll still be able to see it a bit, but not from far away. Or buy a huge one and cut the middle section out and fix it back up again.

Advertisement