Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russia manager to resign- good news for Irelands game in Moscow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Could be bad - team trying to impress new management and fight for places etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

It can only be good news - Ireland coming from behind and beating a stronger team in Australia, Switzerland losing 2-0 at home to France, Russia losing to Israel and losing their manager.

There is still lots of work to do but all the confidence and momentum is on our side:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ChiGung

No Guys its bad news - I heard a report on Radio 1 from a Russian Football journalist.

Russian Football is in turmoil but the team were very disillusioned with their old manager - so much so it is suggested that they threw the game against Israel.

A new manager means new hope for Russia - so while they may not be on full power they will be fighting with new hope and trying to impress their manager.

They will be in better shape at Landsdown Road now than they would have been with their old manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by Sposs
    The games in Landsdowne.
    Well spotted, good thing too:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Shame they wouldn't wait and throw the game against us :) I'd agree with Sand, players often play well when the new manager starts, to make an impression etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Originally posted by Sposs
    The games in Landsdowne.

Sorry, my bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

A new manager would have to be picked awfully quickly and he would have next to no time to work with the players. Not even a friendly so he'd almost be picking blindly. ie CM4 style.
    'That player looks good and has good stats, let him play'

I think its good news but only cos we play them in such a short amount of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

I think it's a bad thing, under their old manager Russia were dreadful and the players wanted him gone.

No matter who the new guy is or how short a time he has with the players the Russians will at least try to play fro him. They can't help but impove.

Look at Serbia Vs. Wales last night Wales spanked them 4-0 at home (Could have been more), Serbia change the manager and then they beat Wales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Just look at Ireland's last few games before Kerr took over and the difference afterwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Good or bad, if Ireland play there best they should win comfortably. The last time we played Russia:

1.We were playing away
    2. Carr was injured;
    3. Duff went off injured in the 19th minute and they scored two goals straight away;
    4. Kilbane was the player that never played well;
    5. It was just after the world cup and Harte still hadn't got over his bad performance and penalty miss;
    6. Phil Babb scored an own goal;
    7. we had no Reid, O'Shea, Healy and Brian Kerr;
    8. And we played bloody SH*T.

This time to start us off with just one problem, we have no Robbie Keane. Play with our strongest team against them and we should destroy them which means its all down to the Swizz game in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bort

to add to that, apparently Hakan Yakin has just had surgery on his groin or summat and he looks likely to miss a whole part of the season including Irelands game against Switzerland. So a bit of good news there coz he was the player who looked best against us in the first game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

this is worrying for russia the new guy will be there 3rd manager in just over a year. Yes the new players will try and impress but it will be he's first game and theres only 2 weeks for russia to decide a manager. which means they could maybe put in a temporary 1 or rush theier decision and pick another bad one. Overall i think its good news. if reid and healy play(i dont think healy will) we'll wipe the floor with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tek

b00 eireboy gr0w s0me balls eejit0r that game is already history but u r still trying looking for exuses instead of admitting like a man that we simply gang-raped RoI ..> Rip-Off Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by tek
    b00 eireboy gr0w s0me balls eejit0r that game is already history but u r still trying looking for exuses instead of admitting like a man that we simply gang-raped RoI ..> Rip-Off Ireland
    What the hell is all that meant to mean? Did I critisise anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

i dont know either eire. u just told the truth and ur points were good mcCarthy in charge beeing the strongest 1 and were way better at home

Advertisement