Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

still no IT job

• 21-08-2003 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

hi

I have tried absolutely everything for an IT job be it from Technical Support to Teaching. I am at the end of my teather.

I'm going to give it 1 more week or else move to England.

Can anyone tell me of any positions for graduates here in this country

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Try Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Try turning up (with CV and wearing suit) at the door of VECs running IT courses. A lot of them can loose staff who find more relevant jobs. When it's the end of the summer and they haven't gotten the finger out in terms of a replacement you could get lucky somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I just graduated there in June and I had a job by midway through. It's just down to graft. The jobs are there, they're just harder to find. Apply on spec. Don't touch the agencies (unless you've 7 years+ experience). A lot of companies aren't bothering to advertise positions because when they do, they get swamped in CV's... I know we advertised for a couple of postgrad positions recently and got nearly 300 applicants...

Chin up, and the best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

the hopper.
    i dont know if you are taking the píss at this stage or just really stupid.
    until you post up with all the relavant information and make an effort, i am not going to tolerate any threads or posts you make on this forum.
    this thread is locked, and if you feel the need to be upset, the please pm me. or start another thread with the details the i specified in another thread. i wont repeat them, its up to you to find them.
    if you feel i am being unfair, then please take it the admin forum or the feedback forum and tell them that whitewashman is being a cúnt.
    again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement