Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blocked numbers

• 21-08-2003 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi

Is there anyway of finding out the blocked number on your phone. I to get quite a lot of annomous calls and this is quite frustrating

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

The only way is to call the cops afaik and they will take a long time to find out who's calling. Also they will only do this if you are reporting nuisance calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,697 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by thehopper
    Is there anyway of finding out the blocked number on your phone. I to get quite a lot of annomous calls and this is quite frustrating

The phone companies will (eventually ) bring in an option called ACR (annomous call rejection) but it is a few year late already.

With this feature turn on, any call with number withheld are give a message tell them to dial again and unblock thier number and you don't get bothered.

"Out of area" numbers, when the Caller-ID is not available rather than withheld will still get throught, since these callers are not actually withholding their numbers, but rather the TelCo lost it enroute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Best to report it to the company anyway just in case it gets more serious in future...
    They can trace it but will need police involvement..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Originally posted by GerardKeating
    The phone companies will (eventually ) bring in an option called ACR (annomous call rejection) but it is a few year late already.

With this feature turn on, any call with number withheld are give a message tell them to dial again and unblock thier number and you don't get bothered.

"Out of area" numbers, when the Caller-ID is not available rather than withheld will still get throught, since these callers are not actually withholding their numbers, but rather the TelCo lost it enroute.

What happens if the person calling is ex-directory? Their no. doesn't come up and they have no way of changing this manually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

As far as i remember, in this case you can dial 141 (or is it 142?) before dialling and your number is then shown.

I could be wrong though. Particularly about the prefix :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jimhenson

My Sony Ericsson t610 has a caller accept list, you can add all or some of the numbers from your sim in to the accept list and when a person calls who is on the list the phone rings as normal, if however the caller has a restricted ID or isnt on the accept list then they get automaticly diverted to voicemail or just cut off.

I think the t68i has the same feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Originally posted by jimhenson
    My Sony Ericsson t610 has a caller accept list, you can add all or some of the numbers from your sim in to the accept list and when a person calls who is on the list the phone rings as normal, if however the caller has a restricted ID or isnt on the accept list then they get automaticly diverted to voicemail or just cut off.

I think the t68i has the same feature.
    Yes, both those phones have that feature (I have both) but that means you need to manually add your entire phonebook to groups, then add these groups to your accept list. It would be much better if you could jsut reject Private Numbers only.

(WHich I think is what the original poster wanted?)

Advertisement