Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com

Options
  • 21-08-2003 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Can anybody tell me how reliable Play.com is??

I've bought sh1t loads of stuff off CDwow.ie and never had a complaint. Are Play as reliable.

Thanks in advance.

B.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I use Play.com a fair bit, and have no complaints other than the odd slow delivery (sometimes as slow as two weeks), but since delivery is free it doesn't bother me so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

Thanks for that Mixie. Just wanted to know that some one else had used them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

I'm ordering a lot from play.com. Yes you have to wait on average one week, maybe more or less but never more than 2 weeks...

Last order, Thursday 14th, it has been posted the same day according to them and I got it this morning (Thursday 21st).

Each DVD/CD is send individually so oddly enough you might not get all you order the same day :rolleyes: !

Raphael

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

If you are buying of cdwow.ie it is worth checking their other stores first. http://www.cd-wow.com.hk is for the Hong Kong site, they are usually the cheapest, the UK site is http://www.cd-wow.com and the US site is http://www.cd-wow.net . Guess what? The Irish one is nearly always the most expensive and afaik they all ship from the same location.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I have not purchased from any of these sites. But I have browsed both. They seem to offer great value.

But what I cannot understand with play.com is their "sold out" tag on many cds?

What does this mean?

Are they getting these cds back into stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ive ordered coutnless times from play and they have allways delivered , i have also returned to them without fuss

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Afaik if it says Sold Out then that's it, they have no plans on getting more. More likely they cant get anymore. I've seen somethings sold out become available for sale months later.
    It usually happens when they drop the price of something really low so they can clear it.
    GTA3 for the pc at £9.99 I think was one of them.
    From Dusk Til Dawn was another.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Play is deadly. Have ordered about 20 products and always got them within 3 working days. They are also incredibly cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

Have been using play.com for almost a year, alongside cdwow. Both are great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Originally posted by John R
    Guess what? The Irish one is nearly always the most expensive and afaik they all ship from the same location.
    i got the thrills cd (waste of money) from cdwow.ie and it was posted from hong kong, havent tried any of their other sites yet though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

Got my Cd's off Play today no probs. I suppose 8 days ain't that bad!! Not as good as CdWow though!! But no complaints!

Cheers for the help.

B.

Advertisement