Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Blues Guitarist Wanted

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

Those write ups are great but they only talk about how good the existing band are.

I think you should mention a bit more on what you're looking for in the guitarist, what role she/ he will have in the band, how often you practice etc.

What you don't want would be helpful too.

best of luck,
    Keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

why limit yerself to a blues guitarist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Shane Smith

Limited to a Blues Guitarist?!?!?! Only an insane poster would post such insanities!

Keith I understand where you're coming from but I personally prefer to discuss all that stuff via email.

I think the term "Blues Guitarist" is fairly accurate because Blues players need good rhythm ability so I don't want widdly-woo players who know nothing about how to comp someone else!

But hey! That's just me...

Considering most guitar styles are inherited from blues, just about everbody who plays is in some shape a blues guitarist, i know plenty of guitarists with plenty of rhythm with no concept of what the blues is..

Well it's just our belief, coming from Funk etc etc where it's all about the chords n stuff.

Rhythm isn't just a Blues thing, but as the genre of the band is Funky/Groovy/Soul/Blues, anyone who considers themselves to be an actual "Blues Guitarist" would fit the bill.

As I'm sure you know, it takes more than a flattened 5th to make a Blues player (so I've learned after years of pentatonic madness).

Ok so would this narrow it down for you...
    Spankin' Tight Rhythm (a la James Brown)
    Good Chord Knowledge (not Jazz, but more like chord relationships etc etc.)
    Soul (the one you can't learn)
    Good attitude ("NO IT'S MY SOLO, NOT YOURS" etc etc)

I've used the term "Semi-Professional" in the past and it still kinda applies. Basically music is fun. I like to play, We like to play. Anybody interested should like to play. Free expression & live improvisation

B L U E S!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

Yeah that sounds good.

Where abouts are you from?

Keith (one who considers himself a blues guitarist)

Generaly Rehearsing in Dublin, Loop or TBMC

shane you dont need a guitarist, ye need a keyboardist.... get that return to forever record,, honestly, yid love it.

Advertisement