Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crespo to Chelsea...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

He'd be a hell of a signing alright, it seems they have not yet agreed a fee though, and I'd say his wage demands will be pretty huge. On the other hand that's not really a problem for Chelsea now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

They agreed personal terms already. They just have to sort out a fee...that guy would be lethal...wow this Chelsea team mean business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tek

hehe s0 h0w fellas do u like our new russki club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Chelsea team mean business.

Its still 11 against 11 but I have to admit on paper they certainly look like an impressive team. I think it was evident last weekend that they will need time to gel as a team and unless they obtain instant results i cant see the players being very happy with the rotation system Ranners is obviously goint to have to Use.

true but they have a large squad and i expect them to do well in Europe just from their team on paper...God only knows how they will actually do...

• Advertisement

I saw JFH interviewed after the livepool game and when the interviewer joked at him being a super sub he was not pleased.
    This will be a very interesting season but if things dont go well from the off i think the manager will have major problems keeping his 2 teams of superstars happy.

i think his placid nature is quite good for his superstars really. Hes calm and not very aggressive as say Ferguson would be. Two different styles really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Looks like Inter don't want to sell him, and I can't blame them, if he moves to Enlgand it is a step backwards for him, he is one of the best strikers in the world and Italy is the true test for strikers.

But anyway, from an Inter source.

08/21/2003. Inter have denied reports that Hernan Crespo is set to join Chelsea, although they have admitted that talks are taking place.

"We are meeting Chelsea but only out of respect to them as it was planned some time ago," said the Nerazzurri's Marco Branca.

"But let me make the point that Crespo will definitely stay here with us. We'll listen to the offer but our intention is very clear. Hernan is not for sale."

But general director Massimo Moretti said: "We are negotiating with Chelsea.

"I cannot tell you more. What I can say is by the end of the day, or tomorrow, there'll be an official outcome."
    SA Italy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Would be a great signing so strong lethal in the box and is a superb header of the ball.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

Mutu and Crespo up front is the stuff CM4 dreams are made of:eek: Seriously though its a bloody great time for Chelsea fans!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If Inter get 18 million for him Chelsea will be the most gullible team with money to spend i have ever seen.

He was awful last season has done nothing of note in Serie A ,doesnt get his game for Inter and when he did in the CL semis he showed why he doesnt get his game.

Chelsea are inflating the transfer market by buying other teams rejects at stupid prices.
    I like Ranieri but he was better when he had no money.

kdjac

Chelsea are inflating the transfer market by buying other teams rejects at stupid prices.

Duff is no reject. Glen Johnson is a very hot prospect for right back. Wayne Bridge is hardle a reject now is he? Mutu isn't a reject from what i have heard. Geremi couldn't get on the Real team but Real are slightly ****ed up when it comes to defensive playing players anyway. So what is your point exactly on that statement? :rolleyes:

Why do you say that? How can you even judge that? What has the man done to give off the impression he was better when he had no money? He beat Liverpool 1-2. Whats the problem so far?

Mutu not 1st choice at parma, Cole cheaper option ,would it be spending for the sake of spending.

Veron not 1st choice at man utd, missed out on actual 1dt choice players so settled for veron agains spending for the sake of spending.
    Johnson 6m for highly rated when you have Galllas one the back 4 of last season :confused:
    Bridge swap for Le Saux both as good as each other cept bridge is younger and cost 6m
    Cole 6m bit part player ,if he makes 20 apps well done to him again spending for the sake of spending.
    Geremi good player but so is Petit
    Smertin umm why they buy him ?
    Duff replacement for Zola on the left Ranieris best actual signing out of need.

This list will get longer but do people forget Chelsea finished 4th and beat Liverpool in the last game of the season they were a good team who with one or 2 more signings would have been a great team ,well organised damn hard to beat and played good football.
    Now they have money and any team with a player they dont want are upping their prices.
    Inter bought Crespos replacement months ago but he has a heart problem ,why buy a replacment if you didnt already intend to sell one of your strikers?

kdjac

Originally posted by KdjaC
    If Inter get 18 million for him Chelsea will be the most gullible team with money to spend i have ever seen.

He was awful last season has done nothing of note in Serie A ,doesnt get his game for Inter and when he did in the CL semis he showed why he doesnt get his game.

kdjac

What are you on about??

Crespo scored 7 goals in 14 starts in Serie A last season, a decent return by anyone's standards, and 9 goals in 12 games in the Champions League.

He 'wasn't getting his game' for Inter because he then got injured for about three months and when he came back near the end of the season he was out of form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Just shows how much you know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

They have agreed a fee of £16.5million according to Sky Sports News.

Johnson 6m for highly rated when you have Galllas one the back 4 of last season Bridge swap for Le Saux both as good as each other cept bridge is younger and cost 6m Cole 6m bit part player ,if he makes 20 apps well done to him again spending for the sake of spending. Geremi good player but so is Petit Smertin umm why they buy him ? Duff replacement for Zola on the left Ranieris best actual signing out of need.

Maybe you didnt hear what i said about Johnson. he is one of the hottest prospects for right back. Gallas was only getting back to fitness which is why he didnt start last week. bridge is better than Le Saux and is also an excellent prospect. Cole is a brilliant buy for 6 mill. He is so young too. He's another excellent prospect. Geremi is a better player than Petit imo and its good for competition to have a younger player like Geremi there. Duff is brillliant. All of these players are excellent prospects and well worth it. Veron is a good player and he may fit in better at Chelsea. There is no doubt about it he is still one of the best midfielders around.

You dont know what you are talking about in all farness. Chelsea are a very strong squad now and very young too.

2nd choice players with exagerated transfer fees is not a good thing unless your a Chelsea fan then these players are worldbeaters.
    But honestly of all the top players they have gone for they have been knocked back and settled for lesser players with similiar fees.

kdjac

Im not even a Chelsea fan. I support Utd and i still think they have an excellent strong squad. In all fairness, who the **** doesn't? Except you of course...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Club_Med

Moratti confirms Crespo at Chelsea. From ansa.it, italian information site.

• Advertisement

Keep it up kdjac, just ignore anything anyone else says :rolleyes: And stop signing your posts, we can see who you are.

kdjac.

I agree with kdjac. As a United supporter there is not one of chelsea new signings that would improve The Utd Team IMO.

Crespo or RvN i'd go for Ruud. Duff or Giggs probably not much in it but id be happy with giggs, Johnson or o shea its o shea for me
    Bridge or syvester Its Sylvester and so on. I am not saying the chelsea players are worse than the utd ones just that IMO they are not better either and still have to prove that the respect post like this will give them in merited. I think Arsenal and UTd will
    fight it out for the title this year and have not seen anything at chelsea to change that yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

Originally posted by The Muppet
    I agree with kdjac. As a United supporter there is not one of chelsea new signings that would improve The Utd Team IMO.

Crespo or RvN i'd go for Ruud. Duff or Giggs probably not much in it but id be happy with giggs, Johnson or o shea its o shea for me
    Bridge or syvester Its Sylvester and so on. I am not saying the chelsea players are worse than the utd ones just that IMO they are not better either and still have to prove that the respect post like this will give them in merited. I think Arsenal and UTd will
    fight it out for the title this year and have not seen anything at chelsea to change that yet.

Thats a selective statement to say the least. You may have RVN over Crespo but what about over Forlan, Bellion etc? O Shea- fair enough. Sylvestre over Bridge? Give me a break! But even going on a position for position basis is missing the point. The quality quotient of the Chelsea squad is being improved immeasurably onto what was already a good team. Granted nothing is guaranteed, but thinking they wont be there or thereabouts sounds like whistling in the dark to me...

To whoever said Crespo "did nothing" last season, you are wrong, 12 CL goals and 14 Seria A goals in a season when he was injured is far from doing "nothing".

And as for Fadiga being his replacement, you are wrong, Fadiga is a left winger, he was bought as an alternitive to Recoba or to play behind the strikers, he was never a striking option.

And as for mutu not being first choice at Parma, it's odd that a second choice should make more starts than Adriano, Nakata and Alex.
    He was Parma's second top scorer and third top assist player being involved in a lot of Adriano's goals.

Crespo and Mutu together is one of the best Attacking pairs in the world, both can produce magic on the pitch and both have a habbit of scoring important goals.

As for Crespo playing badly in the CL semi final against Milan, the whole Inter team played crap untill Martins and Kallon came on, the midfeild was nowhere, and Reboba, who was ment to feed the strikers, was marked out by a very good Pirlo.

You honestly have no clue about Italian football do you?

Originally posted by Seaneh

You honestly have no clue about Italian football do you?

And thats why both were sold whereas the other strikers had not for sale written all over them ?
    That makes sense on so many levels.

Kdjac

Originally posted by The Muppet
    As a United supporter there is not one of chelsea new signings that would improve The Utd Team IMO.

And what in the Sam Hill has that got to do with whether or not Crespo is a good signing for Chelsea?? I know you're a United fan Muppet, but can't you comment on any aspect of football without mentioning them??

kdjac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Club_Med

I know a bit about Italian soccer. Is this because i am Italian ? :)
    I Agree 1000% with Seaneh. I can only add that Crespo didnt play good in the semi against Milan only because he was prematurelly back to play after his enjoury. He shouldnt` have played at all the matched, but he was in the pich anyway.

You`ll see he makes the difference at chalsea.

BTW. Mutu at Parma it has always been the 1st choice. If this Russian fella wouldn`t have cared about soccer, Mutu at this stage would have been playing in Juve, togheter with delpiero and trezeguet. Money....money....

Crespo was sold because Chealsea made a very good offer as far as inter are conserned, same with Mutu.

Mutu was sold because, lets face it, Parma are a selling team.

Buffon, Crespo, Veron, Cannavaro, the list goes on.

Als, Inter payed 12mil for crespo and needed money to buy new defenders.
    They are not broke, but they can't afford to splash money around, so selling a striker made sence.

Crespo is as good as any striker in the world, and he proved that over the last 5 seasons.

When Ruud Van Missesalot ges to italy and scores more than 26 goals in a season, then you can say Crespo in't a good signing, but untill then, it's best you stop talking about what you don't know about.

Oh, and on top of that, Inter were prepared to sell Vieri, but Chelsea chose Crespo because he was younger and they saved 4mil, Good buy in my books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

crepo , mutu , jimmy ,forsell and eidur as the choices up front , the real question is who will get the golden boot come next may.

Crespo is world class, no two ways about it. Utd fans are just bitter that we didn't try to buy horseface from you !

4 against leicester tomorrow !

• Advertisement

marc t
    Thats a selective statement to say the least.

I suggest you Read the post properly if you want to make a valid argument. I said TEAM not SQUAD forlan etc are squad players ruud is the sole striker in fergies preferreed formation atm.

You must not have seen sylvester lately . He had a poor enoght start to his career but he is over the past 2 seasons he is the most improved player at utd. Utd supporters are more that happy with his performances . The point i was making that is that chelsea have proved nothing yet where it matters on the pitch so i for one will not get carried away with their big spending after all we have seen it all before at Leeds and it didnt do them much good.

If you would like to tell me then which of chelsea signings you consider would improve utds team I am open to persuasion.

When Ruud Van Missesalot ges to italy and scores more than 26 goals in a season

You living in the past The italian league is not the strongest league anymore . Juve have been hammered By the mighty united 3 times in the last year with the help of RVn so to say he woulnd be able to score against italian defences is blatant crap Seaneh. He has proved he is more that capable of scoring against any defence.

I didnt say Ruud was better than crespo i said he wouldnt displace ruud from the Utd team.
    2 sheds you appear to believe that everyone should agree with your opinion and thos that dont should be verbally attacked (reply to kdjac above)I was as usual expressing my opinion and explaining why i held those opinions. Your time may be better served doing like wise instaed of posting the insulting crap you have been in the last 2 days. (referring to users here as "Spas").

I await your official spokesman thankx for the fish to post your reply to this.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

I know its mostly opinion but its very hard to justify how a player is a 'good signing' when 16 million is the price paid for him. Crespo is without doubt one of the best centre forwards in the World, but to say that its a great signing before he has even kicked a ball for his new club is a bit premature.

When UTD signed Veron it seemed like it was a good signing at the time, but he was a flop at UTD. I reckon he will do better at Chelsea but you still cant say any of these players are good signings until the season is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Posted By Growler
    Utd fans are just bitter that we didn't try to buy horseface from you

Explain how not trying to buy Van the Man would make a UTD supporter bitter. Maybe if ye were to actual buy him might make us bitter.
    Posted by Growler
    that we didn't try to buy horseface from you

From your name calling it suggests that perhaps it is you that is bitter because Peter Kenyon issued a hands off warning to Roman about Ruud.

lads that bull****! EVERY SINGLE PLAYER THAT CHELSEA SIGNED WOULD IMPROOVE THE SQUAD OF MAN UTD. Im not saying better than first 11 but they would definitely improove the squad. Yes Ruud is better than Crespo in my opinion but for ****s sake, he is better that forlan and i would want him.

originally posted by the ubuahone

lads that bull****! EVERY SINGLE PLAYER THAT CHELSEA SIGNED WOULD IMPROOVE THE SQUAD OF MAN UTD.U]Im not saying better than first 11[/U]

originally posted by the muppet

there is not one of chelsea new signings that would improve The Utd Team

As you can see that is exactly the point I was making. You are contadiction youself by calling it"Bullsh1t".

I would argue that every player signed by a club improves the squad because it gives the manager an extra player for selection.[

• Advertisement

I can't believe I'm hearing all this crap abut the Italian League not being the strongest its far better than the dutch and German leagues.
    Crespo sitll got 14 goals despite being injured for quite a bit.
    Mutu scored 18 goals which is the equivalent to 25 in PL and had the most assists in Seria A.

The Muppet I didnt know that was the point you were making it was slightly unclear tbh.
    Mutu scored 18 goals which is the equivalent to 25 in PL

Smuckers where did you get this from? The whole equivalent factor?

Its my own view Ubah they close you down much more in Seria A.

I have to diagree with your equivalent factor none the less. and put it down to bull****. theres no way it can be determined.

posted by Ubuahone
    The Muppet I didnt know that was the point you were making it was slightly unclear tbh.
    quote:

This is what I said what are you unclear about.

originally posted by the muppet

there is not one of chelsea new signings that would improve The Utd Team

[ I]posted by smuckers[/I]
    I can't believe I'm hearing all this crap abut the Italian League not being the strongest its far better than the dutch and German leagues.

You too are living in the past if you think Italian league is the best.
    Has europe got a lot smaller or was the omission of spain in your little list a mistake?

• Advertisement

£ Italian teams in the Champions League Semifinals more than proves that Italy is the strongest league in Europe.

Seaneh you know your italian football...ill give you that but dont say silly things like that.

The Muppet, yes The La Liga is the best but The Italian League is still strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

im not realy sure which league is best but im damn sure 18 goals in theitalian league is worth about 25 in england.those italinas are so ****ing defensive its unreal. any1 see the italian super cup(i think thats what it was its the same as the community shield)

0-0 and then extra time 0-0 then american style penalties(thats crazy its like hockey. u start from around 25 yards and u can dribble in u have 6 seconds to shoot) its so ****.

Posted by smuckers
    yes The La Liga is the best but The Italian League is still strong.

They are one and the same la liga is the italian league and it is not the best in the world. It does not conatin the best player and as was evident in last years world cup Italian football is not as good as it used to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Muppet

La Liga = Spain
    Seria A = Italy

La Liga = Spain

Thanks Talla my mistake. I wouldnt mind but i asked my 14 year old lout of a son about this as i was unsure and he told me la liga was Italian as well. Hes obviously a chip of the old block and a bit of a muppet too. Now that you mention Seria A I of course should have known that.

Smuckers with respect now that im clear about the diffferent leagues have a look at your two quotes below and
    see if you can spot the difference.

Posted by Smucker
    I can't believe I'm hearing all this crap abut the Italian League not being the strongest
    yes The La Liga is the best .

He doesn't seem to have a clue what he is talking about to be honest which probably led yourself to getting confused about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

no probs Muppet :D

Muppet you took my comment too litreally not being the strongest hence: one of the best, La Liga without a doubt is the best.
    Ubah a few weeks ago you were slagging off CFC now in the other thread you're saying what a force to be reckoned make your mind up Mr Flip flop Man U fan.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement