Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crespo to Chelsea...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Muppet you took my comment too litreally not being the strongest hence: one of the best, La Liga without a doubt is the best.

Its all down to opinions really and personal preference. For me I thinks English soccer is the most entertaining . I find the continenal game too slow and tactical and usually turn off after a few minutes which explains why most times i post about it i make simple mistakes.

The reason i made my comments was that seaneh said ruud would not hack it in italy which i didnt agree with. A few posts appear to have been removed from this thread so it may not have been clear where the "spain is better than italy" topic came from .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

when was i slagging off CFC? I dont remember, proove it to me. i dont remember slagging them off. i dont think i would have done that to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

How about here ubahone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

My apologies Ubah I got you mixed up with someone else. That was a bit silly someone saying Van Nist couldn't hack it in Seria A.

I wasn't slagging them talla, I was criticising their performance. I wasn't slagging them as in saying they bought **** players cos they didn't at all. They have an excellent SQUAD. Their players would not make the utd first 11 now. All the same things i said. They played well in that match but failed to capitalize.

Moving on swiftly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

See Us Poor United supporters are just Misunderstood Souls
    constanly being picked on by those nasty ABUs.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Crespo deal is confirmed by all parties and is now just a formality expected to go through tomorrow.

Chelsea also just bagged the russian midfielder smertin.

Its all getting crowded in the chelski dressing room.

Still think they will do well to keep pace with Arsenal and Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

It would be terrible for Football if Chelski win the title this year,as a man u supporter i'd even rather Arsenal win it,at least it'd be deserved and not bought.

so Utd didn't buy the league when the paid 30mil for Ferdinand on top of Van Nist and Veron thats around 76 mil.

• Advertisement

if you even suggest we bought the title....i will go crazy. We did nothing of the sort. Enough said.

Well people can't say CFC are buying the title when Utd did the exact same thing.
    They didn't succeed in "buying the title" when they signed Van Nist and Veron.
    They spashed another 30 on Ferdinand and won it that year now some people may be no be ableget this into their heads but thats what I call buying the title.
    This argument has been done to death in a diff thread so lets move on this is a Cresp to CFC thread if you wanna discuss about it more start a new thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Crespo will be a good signing. Good in the air and will grab a bagfull of goals. Will also be a good move from Verons point of view. I'm sure they will be on the same wave length.

The Difference in Man utd and chelsea is the core of all utd's winning teams has been the home grown players giigs,becks(now gone of course) the nevilles,scholes,o shea,brown etc we spent big adding to our squad on one or two players we didnt go out and spend 100 million like chelsea buying a whole new team.

John terry is the only home grown player in the whole chelsea squad.

not so true.

Carlton Cole (gone on loan)
    Joe Keenan
    Alexis Nicholas
    Robert Huth

Originally posted by smuckers
    not so true.

Carlton Cole (gone on loan)

Ehhh.......gone on loan,hence not in the squad,the rest are youth team players that didnt have a hope of playing the first team and have less of a chance now.

I should have made myself clearer i meant the First team squad,as in players battling for a first team place.

• Advertisement

Arse and Liverpool don't have home gown players battling for a place either.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭colster

Arse and Liverpool don't have home gown players battling for a place either.

You're forgetting Gerrard, Owen and Carragher for Liverpool.

those 3 are hardly battling for a place now are they?

those 3 are hardly battling for a place now are they?

They are still players who have come through the Liverpool youth system.

Smuckers you talk some ****e ya know that? YOUR ATTEMPTING TO BUY THE TITLE. Your chairman even said it. Dont even talk about Utd buying the title. Over Half our ****en team is/was brought through the youth system.

• Advertisement

So the whole squad of Utd are youth players what a load of bull**** you'd swear Utd never spent a penny in their life the way people are going on the fact is you spent a good bit of money like all the top clubs have its not that surprising.

I think Chelsea are doing what every fan of a football club would love their own team to do.
    People accusing them of attempting to buy the title are just jealous. It's a stupid accusation.
    You could accuse every club in the world of that.
    It's a shorter term solution than investing heavily in youth developement.
    They cannot continue spending money like that for the next 10-15 years or longer and I don't think they will.
    To gain success over the long term it is always better to have a good youth system and a successful senior team is a great advantage in getting the best youth players.

Yeah there is a 20 mil Training complex for the youth being built.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

Well, the Crespo deal is now finalised, as he was unveiled to Stamford Bridge at half time in their 3-0 win over that team with the Z in it (memory is wonky today).

Also, both Huth and Johnson got goals tonight.

Huth looks like he is in mid 20's but he is only 19. :eek:

Advertisement