Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sailing

• 21-08-2003 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

My name is Klaus. (Daus is what my little niece calls me.. :))

I'm from Austria, on holidays in Cork from Sept 10-20.

I am looking for someone to give me a lift, i.e. an opportunity to go on a short sailing trip near Cork.

So, if you would like to practice your German (the Austrian version!!) and don't mind taking a real landlubber on your boat, please send me a message...

Anyway, the Guinness is on me ...

Thanx!!

CU,

Klaus

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Daus

Believe it or not, Austria has some Olympic winners in Sailing.

(not me..)

Hey, c'mon?!

Are there really no sailers in Cork?

Well then, just give me a hint where to find a nice sailing club..

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

It's a national disgrace that as an Island nation we don't make more of our coastline for sports and recreation than we do.

A lot of sailing clubs here seem to be the preserve of the wealthy and exclusive types, ie the sort who would consider it beneath themselves to answer a post like yours. I don't know what your requirements are, but if you want to enjoy a weekend's sailing and instruction, you could do worse than get in contact with Glenans (http://www.glenans-ireland.com)

They have a base in Baltimore in Cork. Don't know what it's like, but I did a weekend course at their other site in Mayo some years back and it was one of the best weekends I ever had.

They're pretty structured (ie they assign you to a session's windsurfing) but if you don't want to do that and would rather spend all the time in the boat they will accommodate you. Also, if you have a bit of experience, they will let you off the first lesson's basic instruction in a floating foot spa.

Accommodation is basic and you have to take turns helping with the cooking/cleaning. There are mixed dormitories and loads of young women, if you have any energy at all left after a day on the water.

Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Daus

Sounds great what u recommended.

But maybe I'll just try to find someone who's so kind to take me on the boat for one or two hours.

I'll see.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

D.

Advertisement