Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bad Driving Instructors

Options
  • 21-08-2003 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

I'm fuming at the ISM at the moment.

My mam has got 4 lessons from them and she has been taught very little about how to drive properly.
    For starters, they never taught her how to use the handbrake, indicators/wipers, steer properly, look in the mirrors, look behind you at blind spot when moving off, stop behind another car safely, pull over/out, navigate roundabouts, look left/right when at junctions.

The 'instructor' wont let her touch the handbrake when stopped, shouts at other drivers who dare to overtake on open road :confused:

He prompts her to turn left/right at every junction when its safe to proceed without letting her stop the car and judge for herself.
    She has never stopped the car herself in a single lesson from the moment she begins her lesson until when she comes home and pulls over !!

All this happens when he has her cruising at 40mph tops in 3rd gear quite regularly on the open road which I think is dangerous considering she don't know the basics of driving yet. Plus it's giving her false confidence.

Talk about bad instructors !
    Sorta explains why there is such high failure rate in driving tests.

Has anyone else had bad experiences with instructors?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Can I ask where? ISM are all over the place, literally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Dublin- Blanchardstown/Finglas/Glasnevin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement