Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OUTLOOK express problem after MSBLAST

Options
  • 21-08-2003 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Lads

I have a problem with my outlook express, after MSBLAST, i got patchup from MSOFT and seems working ok except when i open my outlook express and try to send any mail, it comes "an error occured" i tried to put all default and now i manage to send it some time but still getting problems .........
    then i download OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 and MSN 6 so now i have oulook express 6 but still has the same problem some time...

ANU CLUE in that...thanks in advance...
    one more thing
    as soon as i shutdown my pc there is a message comes up::

"tsfwctrl.exe" something....any idea abt that

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

reinstalling vb runtime fixed a problem someone was having with outlook express after infection with msblaster, wasn't the same prob but worth a try

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q235/4/20.asp&NoWebContent=1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Where is the error message coming up? Is it the send/receive window? or is OE crashing?
    You could try deleting outbox.dbx (while OE is closed) and see if that fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

the error message coming up at SEND/RECEIVING WINDOW

regards

Divya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭GRAHAM2002

I was working on a pc and despite having removed patched etc there were still probs and I ended up having to reload the O/s.

This worm seems to has damaged some o/s's beyond repair.

There may still be another virus on ur system. This is a classsic sign of a virus in outlook & internet explorer.

ensure that av is up to date. If u have no av u could be in trouble.

cheers
    g

:D

Advertisement