Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United

• 21-08-2003 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

What is Newcastles best midfield? After watching the match last Sunday against Leeds I was a little surprised to see Robert start ahead of Jenas. Will this be a regular occurance or is Bobby just breaking Jenas in Gradually? Judging by their performance on Sunday they may be better going with the youngster.

I don't think Dyer is good enough to play in the centre.

What team will the Field on Saturday Morning. To be honest I was expecting Jenas to start but now I'm not to sure.

I guess it could be a Bowyer, Speed, Dyer, Robert Midfield

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

i think its

robert:left jenas:centre dyer:centre bowyer:right

dyer was class against croatia englands best player in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Newcy have a great attacking mid but their def still looks suspect, they need someone of true class to play alongside Woodgate and should have strenghtened the full back pos too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

They were trying to get Brett Emerton for the right back position but he went to Blackburn, then they didn't sign Isaak Okoronkwo, he went to Wolves. A right back would be good, Hughes and Griffin are reasonable players, but let's face it there are much better players out there :)

The midfield I'd like to see is Robert, Viana, Bowyer, and Dyer from left to right. Gary Speed is past it, and mostly just gives the ball away, Jenas is excellent but should be subbed on, especially against teams like United.

Of course he did score a cracker against them last season, never mind what happened after that :)

They're going to need someone to replace Shearer, probably after next season, and I don't think Lua-Lua or Ameobi is up to the job. Michael Bridges might do it, if he isn't injured for another three years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

They have the young lad Darren Ambrose waiting in the wings, Lua Lua is inconsistent but quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I think Man Utd will savage them, in the middle Newcastle have some great young players but none stand out as good enough to "compete" against the Keanes and Vieras of this world ,they seem to be always left wanting and if Man Utd new mid players are half as savage as the old ones Newcastle could be in for a thrashing.

But im never right so Newcastle will win 18-0 or somfin.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I Think bobby will move spped back into defence after the mistak at leeds. Their midfield while excellent in attack is a bit light and United will be stronger in that area of the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭canker

Their best midfield is (from left to right)

Robert, Viana, Jenas, Dyer

But I cant see them ever playing that with speed still around and bowyer just signed.

Man U are goin to totally dominate the midfield tmorrow :p

Advertisement