Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sligo skatepark

Options
  • 22-08-2003 2:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

I heard there was a skatepark opened in sligo recently.
    Has anyone been to it?
    Is it any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shag

I havn't been there myself but I've talked to some of the rukos boys who've skated it. It's in Strandhill up on a hill near the golfcourse and features ... rough gravelly tarmac surface bouncy coping and dodgy ramps. Another quality Irish skatepark!!
    I don't know who built it or if it's a private or council venture but from the sounds of it I wouldn't bother travelling too far to check it out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You should be lucky to have one to start with, to be brutely honnest I'm not to happy about my tax's being spend on some skate park.

There's ALOT of better things it could be spent on rather then ramps and stuff for some kids to play on and it STILL doesn't stop them from pissing about in town.

Though if its a private venture, well then better for them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sligo

Where xactly in strandhill is it? is it open all the time? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

I visited the park and it is unskateable, if you ride bikes you might manage to have some chance with it.If you live in Sligo it's worth checking out as it is salvagable with a bit of work and know how. It's behind the primary school opposite the Venue pub at the top of the town (Strandhill). There a mini ramp jump box rails metal quarter all in various syages of disrepair / decay. Best bet is bringing the rails down to the seafront and skating them there.

Advertisement