Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discworld: The Movie

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Casanunder - I can just see Dani Devito as the worlds second greatest lover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 PeteyMax

Lou Ferigno - Troll

Is the phyiciakitrist gonna be in the movie? I wouldn't know who to set as him.. But theres lot of intersting choices!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Phsyche

Alexander Skarsgård as Carrot

Rachel McAdams as Angua

With non-American directors to get the humour right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭360ts

Vimes = Ray Winstone.

He was born to play him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

The BBC has already done 2 discworld movies - Hogfather in 2006 and The Colour of Magic (really Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic) in 2008.

I thought both were really well done and were faithful adaptions. Terry Pratchett had cameos in both movies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I despised the movies the BBC did, the Hogfather wasn't too bad but The Colour of Magic was one of the worst things I've ever had the misfortune to sit through.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 LadyJedi

Havelock wrote: »
    Was discussing the prospect of a Discwold movie with some people and we came to logger heads over who could play the roles.

My list:

Vimes : Harrison Ford (Indian Jones Days)
    Havelock: Richard E. Grant (Darkly) or Christopher Eccleston(From 28 Days Later)
    Wizards: The Dean - Billy Connelly
    The Bursur - Steve Buscemi
    Ridicully - John Cleese (Full of excuberance and not understanding why
    no one else is)
    DEATH: Vincent Price (Well the voice there of)
    Rincewind: Adrien Brody
    Cohan: Sean Connery

Any ideas for others?
    You know who would make a great Rincewind, Steven Zahn !! he'd be perfect, and would love to see Alan Rickman as Vetinari, and the grouchy one from Daziel & Pascoe as Vimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'm coming late to this but Patrick Stewart as the Patrician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

jujibee wrote: »
    The BBC has already done 2 discworld movies - Hogfather in 2006 and The Colour of Magic (really Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic) in 2008.

I thought both were really well done and were faithful adaptions. Terry Pratchett had cameos in both movies :)

Think they were made for Sky? Anywho, this thread was started in 2003, so you'll have to excuse mthose who posted pre-06 of their ignorance :P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Brendan Gleeson as Vimes
    Colin Farrell as Moist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fizzlefi

ó Fíach wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Yep. I could definitely see that...

Due to air at the end of next month, Going Postal is getting the BSkyB treatment...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Pratchett's_Going_Postal

There is also an animated adaptation of Soul Music out there, I downloaded it about 3 years ago, I remember it being very hard to find, though i certainly don't encourage any of you to do that. Find a reputable re-seller. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Looking forward to this, the other two were good but with room for improvement :D

No Jeremy Irons is a big blow, but Charles Dance could be very good. No David Jason this time must be a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Soul Cake Duck

Phsyche wrote: »
    Alexander Skarsgård as Carrot

Rachel McAdams as Angua

With non-American directors to get the humour right

Alexander Skargard might be good actually* (may be bias and totally based on looks!)

Also think Alan Rickman or Daniel Day Lewis might be a good Vetinari

A slightly buffed up Tim Robbins or Ewan McGregor for Captain Carrott

And I dunno who I would put as Sam ("not-the-sharpest-knife-in-the-drawer-but-straight-as-an-arrow") Vimes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

Due to air at the end of next month, Going Postal is getting the BSkyB treatment...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Pratchett's_Going_Postal

There is also an animated adaptation of Soul Music out there, I downloaded it about 3 years ago, I remember it being very hard to find, though i certainly don't encourage any of you to do that. Find a reputable re-seller. :D

The Soul Music and Wyrd Sisters animations were re-released together on DVD in 2005. They can't be that hard to find, surely? I grabbed the seperate DVDs for cheap off Amazon shortly before that.

Ridley wrote: »
    The Soul Music and Wyrd Sisters animations were re-released together on DVD in 2005. They can't be that hard to find, surely? I grabbed the seperate DVDs for cheap off Amazon shortly before that.

Wow, i forgot about Wyrd Sisters...gonna have to get that disc of which you speak.

In other news, Going Postal adverts are showing on Sky1 now as 'Coming Soon'. There's no mention of it in the last SkyGuide so I'm assuming it will be the June Bank Holiday weekend they'll be showing it. Still looks like some dodgy CGI in parts but hopefully better than The Colour of Magic.

On an actor side of things I would love to see Harry Enfield...no wait, Paul Whitehouse as 'Bloody Stupid' Johnson.
    Whitehouse has to be one of the greatest actors on television. A pity he fell foul to the money for those insurance adverts.

Advertisement