Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have an existing .com domain... how do I move it?

• 22-08-2003 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭

A few years ago I registered my .com domain. It was then hosted by freeservers. However, a free service doesn't hack it for me, I want total control, and they had a site (s*ite? :) ) builder which I hate.

So... how do I move it over to you guys?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Glimmerman: Thanks for your enquiry.

If you have access to the domain (ie. via the registrar) you can simply update the DNS to point to ours.

If you would prefer to move the domain entirely let us know and we'll show you what to do.

You can email me directly at:
    michele@blacknightsolutions.ie

Or give us a call on 059-9139897

Thanks,

Michele

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭glimmerman

aha! thanks :)
    I'd lost the my password for my account for the registrar, didn't realise the accont would allow a dns change.

Will look into it, thanks :)

Originally posted by glimmerman
    aha! thanks :)
    I'd lost the my password for my account for the registrar, didn't realise the accont would allow a dns change.

Most registrars allow changes though their control panels vary a lot.

I would advise you to make the DNS change in the first instance and then consider moving the domain (we are probably cheaper :D )

Our DNS settings are:

ns.blacknightsolutions.com

ns2.blacknightsolutions.com

To make it even easier we've added a few tutorials on DNS changes. I hope you find them useful :D

The tutorials cover most of the bigger registrars:
    http://blacknightsolutions.ie/domaintransfers.php

If you need to make changes for a .ie you can do it directly on the IEDR site, or via a reseller.

M

Advertisement