Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Wars Galaxies

• 22-08-2003 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

I've imported this from import madness (took long enough :o ) and have been playing it straight for 2 days. Mon Calamari Artisan on the Ecclipse server.

Anyone else on here got SWG yet?

Game is no where near as buggy as I was led to believe, and lag is negligible, i'm having a blast :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Ive been playing SWG for the last few weeks (Trandoshan bounty hunter on Tempest).

Enjoying it & character development isnt a big a time sink as Everquest.

Naturally you have the most fun when youre in a big group that knows what its doing.

My next character will probably be on eclipse, but its one of the most popular servers so it can take a while to get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Got my copy last thursday and have been working on my Zabrak Bounty Hunter on lowca with nearly master scout and marksman :)

Its been really good fun so far and the gfk are amazing with all details maxed out. Real breath taking moments to be sure. Very stable so far with out 1 crash which is a nice change from PS.

It dosent seem based around the ever on going upgrade trap that EQ was and being able to solo all by myself with sod all downtime is soooo cool but this is realy due to having the best sliced weapons I could get as this makes exping so much easier when taking out red con mobs with ease :)

Just need to get my armor sliced up and Im set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

I just bought a full set of high quality padded armour for 65k credits. Those marauders can't touch me now :D

Im currently running around in a white set of ubese thats been sliced pretty damm well :) Been soloing rouge fambaas for very nice xp :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Done you need to have a credit card to play this game, must cost a fortune

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

You get your first month free and then pay about 14 euros a month inc VAT @ 17.5%.

Not exhorbitant if you play often enough. I've decided to go Rebel as theres none of em compared to Imps, and i usually favour the underdog.

A group of us set out from Moenia today and invaded Theed (both on Naboo, beautiful planet). we killed about 10 imps, then 2 guys with 2 at st's each came and slaughtered us :(

Sounds brilliant, any other way to pay other than Credit Card

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

You can try www.paybycash.com in a while they should support it. You can pay by any means with it, I haven't tried it myself but I hear its good and reliable.

Will keep an eye on that site, dont want to excluded from all the Star Wars Galaxies fun LOL

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Originally posted by shinzon
    Sounds brilliant, any other way to pay other than Credit Card
    From SWG site ...
    I'm pleased to announce that we will be releasing 60-day game cards for Star Wars Galaxies on 10/7 (they'll be available for distribution on that date; they probably won't be on shelf in most areas until 10/8). I know some of you are waiting to play until game cards are available: I hope to see you in-game in early October!
    Of course the game hasn't officially been released here yet, hopefully the cards will be available on or about European release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I played beta for it, and I have to say I thought little of it..... infact I think it downright sucked. I might get this game in a year or 2, see if its came on much, however the main problem I have with it is that the combat system is boring, and the money making method is horrably tedious, unless you want to spend points becoming a crafter.

Im having an absolute blast in star Wars Galaxies
    The way your not fixed into a certain class is cool and the lack of loot means players tend to explore more. No zones and the most awsome graphics yet to be seen in a online game along with a none hack and slash setting is very different. The fact I can solo just as well as group to get up the skills I want are a mega bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Veilrider

Yeah, I like the way you can constantly change the character, started off with a scout, then one night, I was bored, waiting for wounds to heal, so I took entertainer.

Nothing like camping out under the stars playing a Sax!

Advertisement