Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What A Lineup !

• 22-08-2003 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

From www.thecure.com

WE ARE HEADLINING THE 'KROQ INLAND INVASION' SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 20TH 2003
    AT THE HYUNDAI PAVILION LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA
    http://www.hyundaipavilion.com

ALSO PLAYING:
    DURAN DURAN / HOT HOT HEAT / ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN / THE VIOLENT FEMMES /
    DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL / THE PSYCHEDELIC FURS / INTERPOL/MARC ALMOND
    and on a second stage tbc/ general public/berlin/fountains of wayne/
    bow wow wow/dramarama...

WHAT A LINEUP !! PITY IT'S IN CALIFORNIA....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

the new duran duran stuff is suppose to be excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

why must you hurt us with your talk of gigs far, far away...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

yeh now thats just CRUEL!

DO you reckon I could get there on 2 yoyos???:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

apart from the dreaded duran it looks quite good.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

you must be joking:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Duran Duran were the best band to come out of 1980's......... if anythings to be dreaded it's the cure........Robert Smith should've been given a vasectomy of the vocal chords a long long time ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

Originally posted by Eyeliner__Boy
    you must be joking:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Duran Duran were the best band to come out of 1980's......... if anythings to be dreaded it's the cure........Robert Smith should've been given a vasectomy of the vocal chords a long long time ago

This from the chap who lists Placebo and ****ing Muse (jaysus!!) as having the best albums of 2003 so far.....oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

duran duran, whilst pompous and faggottey are a bunch of good songwriters and excellent musicians, ever heard the "rio" album?Fantastic stuff, that and a best off and ye dont need to hear anything else. The cure were interesting, i think they should have stopped maybe 5 or 6 years ago,their relevancy is fading.. I hate simon gallup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

Interesting Saint Dotsie, that you should say the cure's relevance is fading....considering a lot of the better modern bands (and one or two not so good unfortunately, e.g blink 182), all cite them as influences or sound very like them....hot hot heat, rapture, interpol, mogwai.....also there's a song on Kosheens new album that's identical to the Cures "at night"

The Cure never considered themselves fasionable...they were adopted by the mainstream in the late 80's because, all of a sudden, it was cool to like the cure, and every second twat you met was backcombing their hair...So quitting just because they weren't relevant in the eyes of the music press (mid 90's) was never an option. The same music press that begged Smith for an interview last month, because all of a sudden they were cool again, since the above mentioned bands all cited them as influences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

duran duran the best band of the eighties ?LOL ,thats th ebest one ive ever heard,what absolute twaddle.

rio my arse a load of bull for the braindead.

next time think before you write!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

I wouldn't say duran duran in any way the best to come out of the 80's. the cure are fantastic and the smith are also brilliant. although i must admit i haven't listened to an entire duran duran album any of the music i've heard has been... ok. nothing special

• Advertisement
Advertisement