Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Channels I'd like to see

• 22-08-2003 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

As we have been getting new channels recently, if only to catch up a bit, I thought it might be an idea to float the channels that we would like added to the line up. I realise that some of my choices can't be done. Some of you might better explain why. 2 eamples would be Sky sports extra and channel 5.

Heres my list anyway:
    Feel free to add your own, or tell me I'm crazy and why we will never get some of my choices.

1. Sky Sports Extra - Hey they gave us SS News.
    2. Channel 5
    3. Paramount 2 - New channel See here
    4. Eurosport - we've had this argument already
    5. Eurosport news
    6. Cartoon Network - if chorus can.....
    7. BBC Digital channels (eg BBC3, BBC4 etc)
    8. ITV2
    9. Trouble - another one for the kids thats on chorus me thinks!
    10. Extra Disney Channels (toon etc, I dont even have kids....)
    11. S4C, for the welsh culture :rolleyes:

Thats all I can think of now. While Im at it, with the new software on the boxes (which I don't have, as of last night), any sign of these interactive services, or is it forever to be just a button on the remote......

Thats All for now......
    NeverHappy;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭NeverHappy

Heres a similar post on digitalspy that becomes a dicsussion on SS xtra. Interesting stuff

link

NeverHappy;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

You've got my vote for Sky Sports extra. I would love to see NTL add it to their channel line up. Don't hold your breath though.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭NeverHappy

Heres the correct link for the SS xtra stuff, it was a link from within the first posting.

SS Extra link

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Sky Sports Extra - maybe but not for a good while (starting to look
    promising for ntl in the UK anyway)

Channel 5 - they seem to have no interest in broadcasting in Ireland at all :(

Paramount 2 - seems likely (maybe a few monts after sky get it)

Eurosport - no :( (I've contacted ntl many times about this & the answers wern't promising at all)

Cartoon Network - seems very likely (they've left room in the EPG for it anyway on ch 601 & 602 (+1), it's the same as sky's ch numbering)

BBC Digital channels (eg BBC3, BBC4 etc) - hopefully

S4C - doubt it very much

I'd also like to see, Challenge, other UKtv channels (eg. horizons, style & food), Motors TV, Fox News, BBC 1 & 2 scotland & thats all off hand.

oh BTW, I nearly forgot about your qs about the interactive services.

From Mark Mohan (Marketing & Sales Director, ntl Ireland) :
    Enhanced/Interactive applications are at planning stage and we would envisage the first such applications being launched next year
    I was told this a couple of weeks ago. It's just the same old sh!t that we've been getting told for 2 years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

I really like to have Challenge? and defo the other UKTV channels like food and style. I'd also like to see some more radio channels on there.
    Although I do believe we've a great mix of channels now.....dare I say it.....have we reach saturation point? I no longer flick during ad breaks as I tend to get side tracked only to return to the original channel 40mins later.
    Now I'm all for extra channels, but I would hate to see the system follow sky with fillers like Friendly TV!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by celticfc
    Channel 5 - they seem to have no interest in broadcasting in Ireland at all :(

Paramount 2 - seems likely (maybe a few monts after sky get it)

isn't Murdoch interested in buying Channel 5. if he does get it then who knows what will happen

as for Paramount 2. it will exclusive to Sky for a while and then digital cable operators will get it

Originally posted by patrickmooney
    Although I do believe we've a great mix of channels now.....dare I say it.....have we reach saturation point? I no longer flick during ad breaks as I tend to get side tracked only to return to the original channel 40mins later.
    Now I'm all for extra channels, but I would hate to see the system follow sky with fillers like Friendly TV!

I know exactly what you mean about getting side-tracked, I've forgot to go back to loads of programmes I was watching.

QVC & TV Travel shop is enough as far as shopping channels go. I'd hate to see it full of them junk channels that are on sky.

As for radio channels, I very rarely bother with them so I'm not really fussed about getting more.

I must say that ntl have done well in the past few months in giving us a good choice. However Eurosport still is a very notable absentee to the package. It's a pity they can't come to some agreement with Eurosport. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Hallmark would be great.
    The +1 channels are ok but I would prefer more original channels to be added as a priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭Calibos

Hows about they get rid of some of the channels to free up bandwidth so they can reduce mpeg compression artifacts.

Lets start with the +1 channels and the GOD channel. Why is there a channel caterring for the 200 evangelical born again christians in this country and not for the other 3 million catholics and protestants. And what about an atheist channel for myself and my million friends :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Can you get BBCi via NTL DIGITAL ?

Originally posted by johnnyq
    Can you get BBCi via NTL DIGITAL ?

Nope, & we won't have it for a good while yet. :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Originally posted by celticfc
    Nope, & we won't have it for a good while yet. :(

trust me.... you arent missing much!

would like to see fox tv (not fox news, fox tv) would be intresting to see what the cretions across that big lake watch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by agent smith
    would like to see fox tv (not fox news, fox tv) would be intresting to see what the cretions across that big lake watch!

tune into Sky1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

started out as a joke in japan - 24 hours of a goldfish bowl..

ended up as a cable channel 12 hours of goldfish and 12 hours of tropical fish later on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

SO what your all saying is basically that ye would like to see the same channels that are on sky digital to be also on ntl digitial!?!?

LOL

me too actually plus a bigger range of indian tv channels... Zee TV sux

Advertisement