Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coupla Gamecube Questions

Options
  • 22-08-2003 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭

Just got me a Gamecube at last yesterday. Just a few questions for the knowledgable amongst you.

1 What's the best boxing game for it? (My flatmate is a boxer, I want to kick his ass virtually)

2 Is NBA2K as good as the other incarnations?

3 Is Metroid Prime essential?

4 Is there much differnce between Monkey Balls 1 and 2?

5 When the hell is Mario Kart coming out?

6 Are third party controllers steaming lumps of shite?

7 Which is the best of the Mario games?

8 Whats the best multiplayer game?

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

1 What's the best boxing game for it? (My flatmate is a boxer, I want to kick his ass virtually)

I like Rocky which you can pick up pretty cheaply and is quite entertaining.

I assume you mean NBA2K3 and yes it is the dogs...

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Rocky or Black N Bruised neither are top class but good fun in 2 Player. Get Smash Bros its cheap and damn addictive specially with 2 P anyone can play it even grannies.

I got NBA Live 2003 and its not bad ,hard to master so a bit of depth in it.

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Never played 2 ,1 is good but gets boring

2 months Oct 26th IIRC

Yes but your mate wont mind :)

Sunshine until Golf comes out

Tough one ,latley i have been playing Desert Storm in COOP and its simply amazing , but ISS if your a footy fan ,Smash Bros for mindless fighting, Timesplitters for best FPS MP on a console (better than Goldeneye in MP) single player Story can be tedious but challenges are superb heh damn monkeys ;).

[/B]

Kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

1) Can't go wrong with Rocky.

2) The only other version I played was the original Dreamcast and NBA2K3 is much, much better than that.

3) Definately.

4) I prefer 2 for the (brilliant) extra mini-games.

5) Not sure, but not soon enough!

6) Yes, but Game sell and handy little PS2 Joypad convertor that lets you use PS2 joypads on your GC. Handy for FPS and beat-em-up games.

7) Sunshine I suppose, but I wasn't that impressed.

8) ISS3, Rocky, Smash Brothers and Tiger Woods 2003 are all great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Thanks lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 RockViper

Rocky I'd imagine, it got pretty good ratings all round.

Not a clue, never liked sports games.

Yes, most definatly. Although if you don't like that sort of game....

Monkey Ball 2 is better, get that. More sub-games, levels and diversity in the levels.

September or October I think.

Just get a Wavebird and the Universal Soul Calibur 2 Arcade Stick when that comes out, they're all you need.

Super Mario Sunshine.

Depends on what ye like, I find monkey Ball 2 is a great multiplayer game becasue of its wealth of sub-games. There's also Timesplitters 2 and Capcom vs SNK2. And of course Soul Calibur 2 will be a great game for multiplayer when it's released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Sunshine i played for one day then put it down never to be played to this day. IMO it SUCKED.

Super Smash Bros Melee is NOT mindless fighting. My god come down to my mates gaff and we'll set a learning curve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Kold
    Sunshine i played for one day then put it down never to be played to this day. IMO it SUCKED.

Super Smash Bros Melee is NOT mindless fighting. My god come down to my mates gaff and we'll set a learning curve.

You play it with 3 drunk women who dont realise that you can jump or use the other button and see how long you last :D

Mario is good but about halfway tru its gets damn hard if you liked Mario 64 you will like it.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

You have problems lasting with 3 drunk women? Wouldn't blame ya :p

Advertisement