Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Remote Problem

Options
  • 22-08-2003 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭

I have a problem, perhaps someone knows what is it, or has discovered it themselves.

When i got the DVD Remote many months ago to play DVDs, it worked fine for a while. Then it would throw up a message on the screen saying that the sensor wasn't inserted into the controller port. So i tried putting the sensor in another port and restarting the Xbox. After about 10+ restarts, the machine would pick up the sensor and work. This would also work on the odd ocasion on a first try. I emailed Xbox support about it but they were crap. They just told me to try it in another Xbox, anyone i know only has a PS2.

I dont' have the recept so i can't bring it back. Anyway it's almost a year now since i have bought it and 4 months since i have tried it again.

Anyone else have this issue and know what the problem is?

I have a standalone DVD, but it doesn't like DVD-Rs, while the Xbox used to play them, so you see my delema :D

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Go back to the shop where you got the DVD kit, if they're any good they should be only o so happy to help and might have an Xbox set up in the shop.

If they do have one in the shop explain what happened and tell them about what Xbox support told you.

If it doesn’t work in another Xbox PHONE or email Xbox support back. Let them know you tried it on another Xbox and ask if they will have a look at it or replace it.

If it doesn’t work in another Xbox some retailers might contact Xbox for you and get it fixed/replaced.

Advertisement